Elvas Tower: Windowed and Full screen modes do not behave the same way - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windowed and Full screen modes do not behave the same way Misaligned mouse clicks can lead to ORMG crashing! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:30 AM

I finally installed the lastest OR New Year MG .35 a few days ago.

I ran an activity from Trainsimulations.net, CN Ruel Subdivision Route and a briefing popped up. I was in fullscreen mode. When I tried to scroll down with the down arrow in the briefing box, runactivity.exe crashes to the desktop with no error given. After scratching my head as to why this would happen, I accidently tried the same procedure in windowed mode and found it does not crash!

I tested further and found that there are some strange offsets that occur in fullscreen mode for things like F1, Help screen, etc. The user has to left mouse click several pixels above the text to get the desired response from runactivty.exe, otherwise there is no response from the program to that left mouse click.

This might be endemic to fullscreen mode in other places as well, such as decoupling, moving track switches etc. These are less visible/critical because at some point left clicking achieves the desired action, whether on centre or not. The popup windows are a different story!

Thank you,
Steve

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:06 AM

I know it can happen with the pause menu, but it doesn't happen all the time. It seems to be more frequent on long duration runs, as the many short signal tests I do don't seem to have this problem

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users