Elvas Tower: Dynamicbraking (blending, combined control/automaticbrakelever) - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamicbraking (blending, combined control/automaticbrakelever) Problems with new brakesystem... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:36 AM

Hello,

I try to config the engineering of a Siemens Desiro train.

This train brakes most time electronic (dynamic, recuperation)

pneumatic brakes only activate on carriages in middle of train (not in engines), engines = bailoff

Pneutamic brakes on engines are only activate under 4km/h.

That is config in my engineering and ok.

But this train have a brakesystem that the BrakePipe only works when trainbrake set to emergency.

So for moment my engineering works like that => TrainBrakesControllerFullServicePressureDrop ( 0.0bar )

Problem with this is that blending braking not works fine in this case, with TrainBrakesControllerFullServicePressureDrop ( 0.5bar )

in normal application i get 30% dynamic braking, 100% with emergencybrake.

Blending braking in OpenRails works in combination with BrakePipe.

In manual of Openrails stay 7.3.4 :

The blending percentage run up/ run down follows the airbrake application
MaxApplicationRate(), and release rates MaxReleaseRate(), and also respects the dynamic brake delay
setting DynamicBrakesDelayTimeBeforeEngaging() .eng parameters.

If i change the value's of MaxReleaeRate & MaxApplicationRate in wagonsection of .ENG there is not difference.

So what i miss in Openrails is a .ENG command (lowercasetoken) that Blending works with % of brakelever or % of combined powerhandle with brakesection.

Suggestion for that "ORTSDynamicBlendingBrakeLeverPercentControlled ( 1 )"

That means that this command must override the normal BrakePipecontrolled system and set dynamicbrake % same with brakelever percent.

I have also try with ORTSDynamicBlendingForceMatch ( 1 ), it gives no solution for this way of brakesystem.

In advance thanks,

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users