• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why does it still happen? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:20 AM

Good morning! So, in response to what you wrote, I go by order. So, yes, I equip a 120gb SSD (sorry if I confused !!) which unfortunately contains all the operating system and various programs ... so it is practically full .. it is in my goals to change it and equip one from 1 Tera Byte .. so that maybe I hope we can fill this succession of shortcomings and loading errors ..
However, since the LAA function only works with the Win 7 system, and I own the 64 bit, should I still leave it checked or can I directly remove the option?
in response to user Perpetual Kid, I can try the version you recommended, if maybe you put a link to the download and see how it currently runs

Anyway, I hope very much that the team can break down the 4GB memory barrier because believe me, the simulator would benefit in terms of performance !!

#12 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Yet another simulator bug due to I don't know what, unbelievable .. attached the log file, which, it comes out stating that the problem is related to the lack of memory (totally not true since the data speak for themselves)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-09-29 07-13-57.jpg

Attached File(s)

#13 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:42 PM

Out of memory exception does not refer to physical memory, but rather something called virtual memory where there is a 4Gb limit for 32 bit programs, even on a 64 bit OS. So, something on that route is chewing up the virtual memory block.

#14 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:12 PM

Hi Folks,

Yep - anyone that has messed with FSX (Flight Simulator) - is intimately familiar with this - we call it VAS - we've been butting heads up against this wall for years - flight sim displays far more high resolution textures, display far more objects, and have far more advanced systems to emulate - we'd have to monitor VAS during the course of a flight and sometimes it was a race against time to get on the ground before you exceeded VAS or your sim would crash right before the very best part - the landing...

Then 64 Bit P3D came along - and we - NEVER - had a VAS crash again... 64 Bit is the only way to fly...

Even under 64-bit operating system, a 32-bit application always faces the same mathematical limitations that all 32-bit applications do. One of these is a 4GB hard limit on something called “virtual address space” (VAS)…

It looks like your route is complex...

Regards,
Scott

#15 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:25 PM

I looked through the log. The amount of sound errors is troubling. I've seen systems drown handling errors.

If you run an activity that has rolling stock without any errors does it still fail?

regards,
vince

#16 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:38 AM

Hello everyone, So, I had the chance to read your answers, and with regards to the fact that on the scenario there may be something that affects virtual memory, I can say that the scenario, in terms of quantity of objects, is quite light, only in the heavier nodes, we touch at least 1300 objects .. for the rest, use as already mentioned, the Raster Z17 satellite photos, very light, and that at least in activity have worked properly since I removed them from other unused parts .. Therefore, I do not understand the reason why gray shapes should appear, both of objects and of rolling stock !! what never happened in the past on the same scenario .. Furthermore, I had the chance to try activity on heavier routes .. and I talk about routes where we have more than 1500 or 2200 objects on the heaviest nodes, and similar problems occurred. .. so I think that the problem is due more 'than anything else to how the simulator is structured .. as, I have already taken steps to update my PC (see technical parameters at the beginning of the post) and I would say that it is illogical that in a very performing PC, a simulator gives these problems .. also because I can assure you that I periodically use Railworks, Train Sim World and a recent F1 Game, at maximum settings, and do not give any kind of problem .. for this reason, it seems to me I must say that my PC has nothing to do with it !! I think that the 4gb barrier imposed by the simulator, is a big problem both for those who play and for those like me who develop ... and I hope very much that you cut it down because in 2019 it is absurd that a simulator, maybe, has a flaw in the kind!!! as far as the problem mentioned by Vince is concerned, concerning the amount of errors related to sounds, if you refer to the sounds related to the rolling stock, I can assure you that each rolling stock used in activity has built-in and working sounds, some of them take them from the Common. Snd, while others already have them on their own folder .., in terms of sounds anyway, I have never had sudden crashes or window errors ... the only problem is always that due to grey shapes and memory limits of the program

#17 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:46 AM

View Postscottb613, on 29 September 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

Hi Folks,

Yep - anyone that has messed with FSX (Flight Simulator) - is intimately familiar with this - we call it VAS - we've been butting heads up against this wall for years - flight sim displays far more high resolution textures, display far more objects, and have far more advanced systems to emulate - we'd have to monitor VAS during the course of a flight and sometimes it was a race against time to get on the ground before you exceeded VAS or your sim would crash right before the very best part - the landing...

Then 64 Bit P3D came along - and we - NEVER - had a VAS crash again... 64 Bit is the only way to fly...

Even under 64-bit operating system, a 32-bit application always faces the same mathematical limitations that all 32-bit applications do. One of these is a 4GB hard limit on something called “virtual address space” (VAS)…

It looks like your route is complex...

Regards,
Scott

Anyone who has had a chance like me to try the Alfold Hungarian, cannot compare small scenarios with large ones ... The Alfold, already heavy of its own, reproduces most of the Hungarian lines, and is a huge route ... my route , includes approximately 4 railway lines, and in terms of objects, I can guarantee that in normal tiles I use forests in some places, vegetation in prevalence, and objects that are however quite light in terms of polygons .. more than anything else, I cannot understand the fact that, if the route is not heavy, as the simulator does to give these memory problems ... as you have seen on the screenshot, in the heavier tiles it gets to use around 2900mb of 4 ... and already from problems of visualization of textures and so on ... to be premised also that I have thinned the unused tiles lightening of ugly the heaviness of the scenario .. what must I do more? use maybe 1 or 2 objects per tiles as the simulator is structured...
I apologize for the outburst I am having, but as a scenario developer and as an activity player, I care about the situation of this program .. and I regret not having the right skills to maybe help the team solve most of the memory problems ...

#18 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 30 September 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

Hello everyone, So, I had the chance to read your answers, and with regards to the fact that on the scenario there may be something that affects virtual memory, I can say that the scenario, in terms of quantity of objects, is quite light, only in the heavier nodes, we touch at least 1300 objects .. for the rest, use as already mentioned, the Raster Z17 satellite photos, very light, and that at least in activity have worked properly since I removed them from other unused parts .. Therefore, I do not understand the reason why gray shapes should appear, both of objects and of rolling stock !! what never happened in the past on the same scenario .. Furthermore, I had the chance to try activity on heavier routes .. and I talk about routes where we have more than 1500 or 2200 objects on the heaviest nodes, and similar problems occurred. .. so I think that the problem is due more 'than anything else to how the simulator is structured .. as, I have already taken steps to update my PC (see technical parameters at the beginning of the post) and I would say that it is illogical that in a very performing PC, a simulator gives these problems .. also because I can assure you that I periodically use Railworks, Train Sim World and a recent F1 Game, at maximum settings, and do not give any kind of problem .. for this reason, it seems to me I must say that my PC has nothing to do with it !! I think that the 4gb barrier imposed by the simulator, is a big problem both for those who play and for those like me who develop ... and I hope very much that you cut it down because in 2019 it is absurd that a simulator, maybe, has a flaw in the kind!!! as far as the problem mentioned by Vince is concerned, concerning the amount of errors related to sounds, if you refer to the sounds related to the rolling stock, I can assure you that each rolling stock used in activity has built-in and working sounds, some of them take them from the Common. Snd, while others already have them on their own folder .., in terms of sounds anyway, I have never had sudden crashes or window errors ... the only problem is always that due to grey shapes and memory limits of the program
I'm saying the errors listed ARE errors and are handled by the Sim software. You can say all you want but IN FACT, your rolling stock IS faulty! Errors are handled by the Sim. The Sim is having a problem with your rolling stock.Ignoring these errors is leading you into trouble.
Sorry to be blunt but you must eliminate these errors before complaining about graphics or non-existant memory issues.
My system has lower specs than yours and no problems handling Philadelphia on the PRR-East route with over 5000 objects.

Regards,
vince.

#19 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:18 PM

View Postvince, on 30 September 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

I'm saying the errors listed ARE errors and are handled by the Sim software.

I have recently come across fatal errors caused by missing SMS files, so please fix any that appear in the log file.

I expect to provide a fix for this in Open Rails shortly.

Best wishes,

#20 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:26 PM

If you use perpetualKid's OR MG version (downloadable from https://github.com/p...g/144-d77821976 ), you can go beyond 4 GB.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users