• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TDB and world tile problem Ghost tracks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

Over some 7 years, I have been editing a 200 mile + route which is basically 95% finished.

I decided to redo and update earlier parts of the route, which is where the route starts at. To my horror, I must of back up the wrong TDB at least 6 years ago, as I stumble across quite a few sections of 'Ghost tracks' and 'Ghost stations'.

In R.E, there are the white TDB lines, but the tracks/stations are invisible. In-game, MSTS and OR, you cannot see the tracks. In A.E, you can see the ghost tracks and stations.

So when I deleted these tracks and stations sometime way in the past and saved, I must of used an older TDB as a backup, which contain these tracks and stations.

Selecting any adjacent track to the ghost tracks, brings up the "Adjacent track pieces not loaded. Can't select this track piece" error.

Any advice on this matter?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

You can either hope against hope that the current version of the TDB is out there somewhere, or you may have some very serious surgery on your hands that your route may or may not survive.

Wait, that error...that's an old MSTS RE thing. TSRE may be able to help, but it's going to be a long and ugly process

#3 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:14 PM

View Postebnertra000, on 01 September 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Wait, that error...that's an old MSTS RE thing. TSRE may be able to help, but it's going to be a long and ugly process

If TSRE can delete the tracks/markers from the TDB without their shape files present in the world files, my problem could be solved!

Thanks

#4 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:29 PM

I think it can be done, but I haven't tried it. It sounds like the things that Vince used to resurrect the PRR-East

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users