• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about HGT files Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:34 PM

Newbie looking into TSRE5. I had started using MSTS RE many...many....many years ago, and got frustrated with it. Coming back into the Trainsim world with OR and saw this new Route Editor everyone was talking about. Downloaded, Installed, and it appears to work...still working through somethings, but they appear mostly to be operator induced. Have use the Consist Editor and that works Great. Modified consists in the NEC V4 route activities, to use CSX, Conrail, NS engines vs BNSF Loco's and it worked great. Now on to my Question.....about .hgt files. I tried to load on for a route I'm playing with and it didn't work...I got to thinking....Would elevations below sealevel cause a problem with TSRE5 handling of .hgt data. I using a tile from the New Orleans area and everything is about 9 ft below sealevel...Just wondering?? Anyway back to tinkering....

#2 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails + TSRE5

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:17 AM

I have used TSRE to get height data into my route and have not had any problems. My route is set in Switzerland so is well above sea level, so I do not know if this is the cause of your problem. Can I suggest that you set up a route where the ground is above sea level and try to import the height data there.
This will tell whether the problem is "below sea level" or lies somewhere else.

I would also say look at your settings.txt file and make sure that this points to the location of your .hgt files
# geo data
geoPath = E:/1MSTS/Routes/Zurich/Height
this is where my files are located.

Also have you got a file in the world folder for this tile. I believe that this may prevent the height working correctly.

Garry

#3 User is offline   pwillard 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

In reality... Studies have shown that the average elevation of New Orleans is between 1 foot (0.3 m) and 2 feet (0.6 m) below sea level. So it's not totally wrong...

#4 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:57 AM

Actually, according to Wikipedia (for what it's worth) the elevation of NOLA is between 6.5 to 20 feet below sea level. The city's slowly been sinking since it was first built

#5 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

figured out what the problem was.......my settings file was not pointed at the right directory...looked at it may times....but then i saw i forgot to add a parent directory....dumb mistake...Thanks everyone

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users