#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

Attached File  problem.jpg (324.58K)
Number of downloads: 7

The session remains open. Undo did not solve the problem.

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:07 PM

Genma Saotome, on 08 July 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

problem.jpg The session remains open. Undo did not solve the problem.

Hi Dave,
Delete the track sections on either end of the missing shape then attach a small track section to one end of the missing section; I use a 30d tram curve but any short section will do.
Save.
Now select the short section you just attached.
At the bottom of the left side panel select 'Hacks'.
A TrackObj Hacks window opens.Select Remove TDB Vector.The yellow database lines above the missing track and the just added short section will go away.
Select the short track section you previously added. Delete the track. Save. Done!

When adding track I'd suggest keeping auto-add to TDB off. Press combo Ctrl+Q to toggle.

regards,
vince

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:05 PM

Thank you Vince, that worked like a charm. Your explanation was very clear.

It does bother me that there is not a .tdb / ,rdb rebuild function. This route (and one other that I use TSRE on) will no longer open is KUJU's RE; I don't know if I've done something or is it TSRE. I can do w/o that software except for the rare need to do a .tdb rebuild. Not having that function in TSRE is a major concern.

You suggested not using the auto add-to-.tdb... I will try that. One question tho... if the auto-add is off does toggling it back on take care of all the changes that occurred when it was off or do I need to do something else too?

I'm re-buidlng a 5-7 track mainline right now. on account of poor vertical alignment of track joints. What a PITA!! The problems started here -- curved crossovers on a grade -- and were not noticed until much more track was down. FWIW there had been two more crossovers in there but having taken it all apart I could not figure out how to put them all back in!!
Attached File  trk.jpg (243.73K)
Number of downloads: 3

#4 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:24 AM

Genma Saotome, on 08 July 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

Thank you Vince, that worked like a charm. Your explanation was very clear.

It does bother me that there is not a .tdb / ,rdb rebuild function. This route (and one other that I use TSRE on) will no longer open is KUJU's RE; I don't know if I've done something or is it TSRE. I can do w/o that software except for the rare need to do a .tdb rebuild. Not having that function in TSRE is a major concern.

You suggested not using the auto add-to-.tdb... I will try that. One question tho... if the auto-add is off does toggling it back on take care of all the changes that occurred when it was off or do I need to do something else too?
...............snip................

Hi Dave,
The lack of the TDB rebuild function bothered me at my first engagement with TSRE but I threw caution to the wind and proceeded to crunch the PRREast.
The result as you and others have seen was no problems.

In fact TSRE seemed to repair the hundreds of database errors in the route but much caution and attention to detail is required while editing.If you see 'anything' . . . strange or out of the ordinary you should stop and exit the editor without saving.Things like a track section not aligning or snapping correctly into position.

As you've found these errors can cause problems further on in the build..
To your question of toggling auto TDB add on saving (taking care of) changes while it was off?
NO! Auto add is effective by NOT adding to the TDB when a track (or road) section is de-selected.
After a new section is attached, then adjusted for grade, and inspected to see if its snapped correctly then pressing the 'Z' key to add to the TDB.
You can not snap a track section to another unless the target section (the snap to section) has the yellow Database line. So the drill is:

1. Snap in new section and make any adjustments needed. BTW, if micro adjustments of the gradient are needed remember the STEP value in the Left Side Panel when track is selected; Default setting is 25 . . .That seems to work out to around 2.5 cm.
This value may be too large for fine adjustments and you can set it to very small values.
I've used values of 0.01 here for 'really small' adjustments.The value can be reset in the context menu brought up by right clicking anywhere on the screen and selecting Reset Move Step. It goes back to the default value of 25.

It took me almost a year of constant practice on the PRR-East to get me to fully up to speed with TSRE. Yes the PRR was a practice for me, not comfortable with editing my LIRR with this new software. Handling the PRR with it's very bad database was the perfect vehicle for proving out TSRE and it passed with flying colors IMHO.
If you would like to have a conversation about this let me know and I'll pm you my phone number. I'm available 1200 to 2000 pacific time zone.

Fo now I have taken a vacation from route building until about November amusing myself with getting through Skyrim and really enjoying myself with outdoor recreation but I visit the forum everyday to pass on the knowledge gathered by my dabbling in the PRR-East.

Regards,
vince

#5 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 15 August 2020 - 05:19 PM

Vince, what do you do when there are no track or road objects remaining but there are still blue poles and lines?

#6 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 15 August 2020 - 09:36 PM

Genma Saotome, on 15 August 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

Vince, what do you do when there are no track or road objects remaining but there are still blue poles and lines?
Hi Dave,
Rogue Blue Poles also known as 'Orphan' poles;
First be sure there is no tracksection near the rogue pole. Look below ground too.
Try snapping a short tracksection to the Blue Pole. If you get a snap use the Hack previously described in this thread.

If no snap then using the Node number associated with the blue pole you'll have to manually edit the TDB and possibly the TIT.I use Context for database editing.
It visually formats the TDB in a logical manner making it easy to read.The number appearing above the blue pole you'd plug into the search box. Say the # is 123
Search: TrackNode ( 123
I substitute an Empty Item for the bad tdb datablock that gives you the blue pole . . . that should remove the pole.
example:
EmptyItem (
TrItemId ( 123 )
)

The ' EmptyItem ( ' is not valid in the TIT file.

regards,
vince

#7 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 August 2020 - 10:37 PM

example:
EmptyItem (
TrItemId ( 123 )
)

It is not necessary to turn the faulty Node into an EmptyItem. You can delete it directly. TSRE5 restores the numbered tdb at the next saving of the route.

Route 183 cannot be loaded

#8 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:31 AM

Kapitaen13, on 15 August 2020 - 10:37 PM, said:

It is not necessary to turn the faulty Node into an EmptyItem. You can delete it directly. TSRE5 restores the numbered tdb at the next saving of the route.

Route 183 cannot be loaded

Yes, TSRE can be used (and is the preferred way to do it) but only if the Orphan (Rogue) Blue Pole can be selected or can have a track snap to it and then use the TSRE Hack Button to delete the vector.

Regards,
vince

edit: add emphasis

#9 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:41 AM

I discovered the shapes in the world file -- they were not displayed. I also found the corresponding .rdb entries. I deleted all of those rows. Seems to be ok (I hope).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users