• You cannot reply to this topic

Special Treasures Among MSTS Routes Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:03 PM

Marvelous pictures very nice indeed. I have a good deal of WWII military equiopment in MSTS model form both Allied and Axis i can share with you if you are interested. I had thought of updating some of the French Routes into the early 1940s using them once i got permission from the route makers but have just not had the time to do anything on it.

your screenshots are really superbly crafted. You must have a very fine set up and rig to run it all one, and your eye for composition and setting are very nice as well.thanks for doing it all

Chris

#12 User is offline   damo 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

Hi Chris,
Many thanks for the kind words. I have watched The Train movie over and over and tried to recreate similar with the L'Etoile route. I also am very interested in lots of other international routes e.g. from India, Spain, UK an even Australia (funnily enough!) If you search Elvastower in the Screenshots thread for Damo you'll see what I mean.

My computer specs are: Intel ® Corel ™ i7 - 4790 CPU @ 3.60 Ghz 4 core Windows 7 Home Premiuim RAM 8 Gb 64 bit OS Nividia GTX 1060 card.

Thanks for the kind offer of the WW2 assets. I would be very interested. Apologies I have nothing to offer in exchange.
Damo

#13 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:31 AM

Hi Damo...i look forward to seeing other of your route studies. And nothing is required in exchange. We share to share. period. it is not a barter system but a happy sharing of our shared interests and mutual support for the community that is the unwritten code that has developed among sim communities from the early days of the first train/flight/naval sims and continues to this day among most of us.

i will pack up some things for you soon. An interesting side result of WWII in post war Europe vast masses of surplus vehicles resulted in there being a period of the 1950s that allied military vehicles were used in a wide variety of Civilian uses in Europe, and some remain here and there to this day. That was actually modelled by some of the especially French route makers and is a little known side of history. Same happened after the Civil War in the USA,the horses and wagons of the Calvary and Armies became the motive force of both the North and the South esp on the frontier and made the restoration of things much easier. Surplus ships from both wars similarly were part of revived trade and many smaller navies and also figure in modelling of same.

Chris

#14 User is offline   damo 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:58 AM

Cheers mate

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users