• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to run Work Order Printer Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Procopius 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:44 PM

I've installed Work Order Printer from UKTS (file #UKTS_17220), but when I run the .exe file something shows on the screen for a small fraction of a second and then goes away. I checked and have Microsoft .NET installed. To run the program I followed the instructions in the Readme, went to Start->All Programs->WorkOrderPrinter->WorkOrderPrinter. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. It's not clear to me what I'm missing.

#2 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:18 AM

Hi Roger,
Work Order Printer requires that .Net Framework v2.0 is installed - not just ANY .Net Framework! Get it here : https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=6523

Apologies if you already have v2.0 installed - in that case, sorry, but I don't have an answer :(

Cheers,
Ged

#3 User is offline   Procopius 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:16 AM

View Postslipperman, on 08 June 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Hi Roger,
Work Order Printer requires that .Net Framework v2.0 is installed - not just ANY .Net Framework! Get it here : https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=6523

Apologies if you already have v2.0 installed - in that case, sorry, but I don't have an answer :(

Cheers,
Ged

Well, regedit lists v2.0.50727, and the file I downloaded says v2.0 is already installed. I have more recent versions, as well. Too bad. The Whitefish Yard Switching activity in the Marias Pass route has lots of cars that have to go to lots of different destinations and the work order only shows the drop-offs which mostly come from several sources going to the same destination. I guess if I want to figure it out I'm going to have to list them all by hand. Good reason to procrastinate.
--
Roger

#4 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:59 AM

Hi Roger,
Don't give up, yet :)

My MSTS Work Order Printer has been installed since 2007, although I very rarely (ie never!!) use it. Today, I uninstalled, then re-installed it, and it still works (Win 7 Pro).

The Start Menu entry doesn't run a .exe file, but a file from the depths of the User folder! (This appears to be a copy of the original unpacked .zip file). If you go to the location where you unpacked the Work Order Printer (and from where you ran setup.exe), you should see 4 files and one folder; double-click the WorkOrderPrinter.application file and, if it's correctly installed, it will either display the routes from your default MSTS installation, or request that you locate an appropriate folder.

Once the program is running correctly, you can use its 'Tools' option to select another MSTS installation (or you can use my MSTS_Swap utility!).

I notice that you've posted in the Open Rails Forum - if that means that you don't have MSTS installed, then it might be a different story! I'll do some tests and come back.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : !!GOOD NEWS Even if MSTS is not installed (ie no Registry entries), Work Order Printer will still work AND a dummy train.exe is NOT required!!
One point to note is that if a different installation is selected (using the Tools option), the program doesn't refresh its display and must be closed and re-opened - this applies to MSTS and ORTS installations.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users