Independent Helper/Pushing locos in Multiplayer Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Svante 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum, so I hope it is all right. And as you can see by the flag, english is not my mother tongue but I'll try my best. :)

To the Topic...
I really like to have Multiplayer-Sessions on our great pool of MSTS/OR routes with a good friend. But one thing bothers me/us since the first MP-session: Currently it is not possible to help each other pushing a long, heavy train up a steep hill without auto-coupling and becoming a helper-loco, as well as "Vorspannloks" like this ("leader locos"? sorry, I don't know the english expression.)

Would it be possible to make the auto-coupling optional? (It isn't realistic for european chain couplings anyway.) Or just leave the pushing/leading loco independent?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by Svante: 31 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:11 PM

Yes, I know it's a nice feature; however it requires some design and implementation work, and last but not least I don't know whether it would work well, because due to sync problems between the two computers involved (or three if none of them is the game master) would probably lead to a rather jerky behaviour.

#3 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:58 AM

Now that would be cool to have. But I do have something in mind related as it is much needed in multi sessions.

Will Multi player ever have it to where you choose what crew member you are? I am basically saying be on the same train with crews having their own views including the cab.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users