• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Track Textures? OR 1.3.1.4328 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   llanning08 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:53 AM

I installed the patched RunActivitiesacedds files in my most recent OR install (X.1.3.1-60-g27c6fc97)

Ran the BNSF Scenic Sub 2 route with the Load DDS vs ACE option both on & off and DDS acleantrack added and removed. Seemed to be just fine!

TS BNSF Seligman Sub 2 and BNSF Seligman Sub ORTS also seem to run fine with the patch. Checked some MLT and 3DTrainStuff's Donner Pass, again looks okay. These routes were okay before the patch, just checking.

Still having problems with Sherman Hill running without .dds acleantrack files. The problem persists. The route runs okay under the patched RunActivies and the .dds acleantrack files added. Its very possible that the Sherman Hill route may have also altered the mini route's Global files.

I will reinstall Sherman Hill in its own fresh mini route and check the results. There is a route base and 18 sequential updates, but I already know that the base install fails to display (without the .dds files). I suspect using a "clean" mini route will work. In any event, adding the .dds files is a fix.

Bottom line, the patched RunActivites files seems to be effective. I need to sort out Sherman Hill. I suspect that mini route's Global file has been altered by more than one install. Need to control and observe.

Off to putter about for a bit ... back soon as I see anything interesting.

#22 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:28 PM

The feature has been committed in x1.3.1-61. Thanks to copperpen that provided a precise analysis of the problem, which led me immediately to the solution.

#23 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

Thank you, I was initially doubtful, because it had not occurred to any routes in my installation, then yesterday I saw it happen in the Sherman Hill route, where previously all track textures appeared okay.

#24 User is offline   Underwood 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:27 PM

I almost posted about this as well. Then I saw the bug fix and followed the link here. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I thought it was just me!

#25 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

I recently installed the TS CN Ruel Subdivision and I'm now having the missing track textures issue described here. I had not experienced it before. I get the missing textures in either the latest experimental release ( U2019.07.29-1921 ) or Build 31 of Monogame. Is there a chance that Carlo's "fix" described in this thread was omitted when the latest two releases referenced above were built?

One editorial comment: payware or freeware route providers should NEVER release an installer that modifies Global Shape files! They have no way knowing what else in any individual's installation may rely on those files. Most of us don't use the "mini-routes" option. The providers should know that.

#26 User is offline   llanning08 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:06 AM

Trainsimulation's recent Open Rails optimized routes (such as the CN Ruel) want to be installed in their own Mini route. The install instructions mention this and the installer tries to point to :TrainSimulations mini route. These new OR only routes don't play well with older MSTS routes. Earlier forum discussions above have noted this and a partial fix was provided. Suggest you might review this discussion in order to resolve your particular problem. The new routes force a conversion from .ace to .dds textures which may damage older MSTS route.

The work around offered may not work in all cases, and you may need to do some reinstall of altered Global Shapes and textures to restore your installation.

#27 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:09 AM

Hi railguy,
If your GLOBAL folder has been 'modified', I would, respectfully, suggest that you haven't followed the installation instructions! This route should NOT be installed in an installation with any other, particularly MSTS, routes.

Cheers,
Ged

#28 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:50 AM

View Postslipperman, on 04 August 2019 - 06:09 AM, said:

Hi railguy,
If your GLOBAL folder has been 'modified', I would, respectfully, suggest that you haven't followed the installation instructions! This route should NOT be installed in an installation with any other, particularly MSTS, routes.

Cheers,
Ged

Yes, that was my mistake. That said, I don't like the mini-route concept of having multiple folders of mini-routes to manage. The better solution for TrainSimulations would have been to include all of the necessary files within the route folder itself, and not have anything within the route pointing to the Global folder. That would have made it unnecessary to modify the Global folder files. I also don't have issue if a route builder wants to ADD files to the Global folder, but it's a dumb idea for a route builder to have an installation program that modifies and/or deletes files from the Global folder. I used to do work in data management and modifying files in network folders where other programmers relied upon them for the operation and integrity of their programs was always considered a poor idea, and a quick path to trouble.

#29 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

Hello Guys
It's broken again with version X1.3.1-86-g703a115a. :sign_oops:

Cheers Tony B)

#30 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:38 PM

A big help towards solving your problem would be attaching the openrailslog.txt file to your post.
regards,
vince

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users