Track Textures? OR 1.3.1.4328 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:08 PM

Hello Guys
I'm running into OR problems. The track textures are missing. I have Scale Rail and X Tracks installed, yes I have installed both again. There is something broken and I can't figure out what. Any solutions?

Cheers Tony B)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-05-18 06-54-32.jpg

#2 User is offline   lineman 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Train Simulator

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

Looks like you're using super elevation and you don't have a profile available in the OR folder?

#3 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

It looks like your route might be missing track textures, since the straight pieces are blank, too. What does the log file say?

#4 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:33 AM

An addendum, the picture is just an example of the problem I'm having it's occurring on several routes. All of my Streamlines and Maple Leaf Tracks routes. Not on Cheyenne, Kootenai River Sub 4 Hawk, Cajon Pass and Tehachapi Pass. It seems anything with common textures is broken anything with textures installed in the route is fine.

Cheers Tony B)

#5 User is offline   MTLrailfan 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:11 AM

Easy to fix. Create dds textures in your routes textures folder. (Looks like bala 2) The files are ACleanTrack1 ACleanTrack2 ACleanTrackBase Change from ace files to dds. Same thing happened to me after intalling new TS route for OR. If thats the case the shape files for track all need the dds texture. I use DXTbmp too create dds textures. Or copy them from C:\TrainSimulations Content\ROUTES\BNSF_Seligman_ORTS\TEXTURES Hope this helps

#6 User is offline   llanning08 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

I've encountered this problem with Open Rails. I've a dozen Open Rails mini routes with about a hundred routes, both freeware and payware. Inserting the ACleanTrack1.dds ACleanTrack2.dds and ACleanTrackBase.dds into each Route's Textures file did resolve the problem. This is an effective workaround, but shouldn't this evident OR Bug be corrected in the Open Rails program? Has it been reported as a "Bug Report"? I also confirm that there seems to be no relevant error noted in the OR Log produced when OR closes.

This missing track texture bug seems to be the result of a fairly recent Open Rails update (I'm running OR version X1.3.1-566-g58c69ee6). It affects all my mini route setups, and seems to affect MSTS payware and ScaleRail routes run under Open Rails. It does not matter whether you check or uncheck the "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE" Experimental option. Certain sections, both straight and curved fail to show unless you provide the ACleanTrack...dds textures.

#7 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:48 AM

View Postllanning08, on 24 May 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

I've encountered this problem with Open Rails. I've a dozen Open Rails mini routes with about a hundred routes, both freeware and payware. Inserting the ACleanTrack1.dds ACleanTrack2.dds and ACleanTrackBase.dds into each Route's Textures file did resolve the problem. This is an effective workaround, but shouldn't this evident OR Bug be corrected in the Open Rails program? Has it been reported as a "Bug Report"? I also confirm that there seems to be no relevant error noted in the OR Log produced when OR closes.

This missing track texture bug seems to be the result of a fairly recent Open Rails update (I'm running OR version X1.3.1-566-g58c69ee6). It affects all my mini route setups, and seems to affect MSTS payware and ScaleRail routes run under Open Rails. It does not matter whether you check or uncheck the "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE" Experimental option. Certain sections, both straight and curved fail to show unless you provide the ACleanTrack...dds textures.

I don't think it is a bug. There are routes that use ace track textures and associated shapes, and there are routes that use dds track textures with associated shapes, and the two types should not be mixed in the same installation.

#8 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:07 AM

I don't think it is something where OR changed its behaviour recently.

#9 User is offline   llanning08 

• Hostler

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:42 AM

I did notice the change recently, since OR went beyond Win XP compatibility. As example, my 3DTS Sherman Hill route has been running several years and many updates, no .dds ACleanTrack files. Not updated since Jan. 2018, "suddenly" the track problem appears. Same with Trainsims BSNF Senic Sub route. Then while poking about, I noticed the problem showed in other routes in the other mini routes. I thought perhaps I'd somehow lost some files (perhaps due to an uphappy anti virus iterarion), and I reinstalled ScaleRail ... to no avail. Even reinstalled Sherman Hill in another mini route ... the problem persisted. I've been using the "Load DDS in Preference to ACE" option since it was released. I've a dozen mini routes installed with almost a 100 routes freeware/payware and the newest and some of the very oldest MSTS routes. I'm pretty sure the mix of routes and mini routes using .ace and .dds acleantrack files was working okay until recently.

I have another computer which runs Win XP & Win 7 dual boot on which I run the last OR which runs under Win XP, X4334. Again, multiple mini routes which can run under either OR or MSTS. My video card is having problems on that PC, but I'll go and see if the problem is there or not. I know that I've not seen the problem on that PC as yet, but it;s been awhile since I've run OR on that PC and the routes are different. I'll move one of my problem routes to that PC and have a look.

Bottom line, I'm pretty sure this is a problem which is of fairly recent origin, and appears to point to Open Rails changes as the cause. Also How does OR notice that routes in the Routes folder have different acleantrack textures? Does OR actually load other than the selected route?

My OR updates option has been "Testing, Weekly update ... for project supporters". I don't think mixing routes using .ace or .dds acleantrack files is the cause. If it is, is this "restriction" documented in the OR manual or elsewhere? If true, should this actually be an OR restriction?

#10 User is offline   llanning08 

• Hostler

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:24 AM

I've done some checking regarding mixing routes with .ace and .dds acleantrack files. My Midwest mini route has 15 routes installed and running okay. None of these routes uses .dds Textures. Two are W.I.P. routes which I run frequently to test. The Detroit-Toledo route was fine in April. After an update in early May the missing acleantrack texture problem showed up. I got another update a few days ago, and the problem is still there. By inserting the .dds acleantrack files, the track displays correctly. The other W.I.P. route, Twin Cities, does not seem to have the problem, its been loaded for well over two years with the last update Feb. 2019.

As far as I've checked, I only have one route which has .dds acleantrack files, all the others use .ace files. The route is Trainsimulator's BNSF Seligman ORTS. Interestingly, TS's BSNF Senic Sub OR Optimized comes with .ace rather than .dds acleantrack files. Also have the MSTS routes BNSF Scenic Sub and BSNF Seligman Sub 2 running. BSNF Scenic Sub required the .dds fix, while BSNF Selingman Sub 2 seems to run fine with just the .ace acleantrack files.

The problem does not affect all routes. When present, adding the .dds acleantrack files solves the problem.

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users