• You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with 1.3.1.56-g58c69ee6 Script .cs become inoperative Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jean-Paul 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

Hi !
Having updated OR this evening with new "test" version 1.3.1.56-g58c69ee6, I noticed that some commands had become inoperative. That's the case for "pbl2brakecontroller.cs" which allows brakes command to work as a "push-button". It worked perfectly on previous version of OR. I know changes has been made on compatibility with new version of Microsoft Net Framework 4.7.2, and I suspect there's a problem of compatibility between this script which refers to an older version. But, must we change our scripts everytime a new version of NetFramework 4.7.2. is available ?
I join "log.txt"
Thanks for your help !
Cheers,
Jean-PaulAttached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (62.36K)
Number of downloads: 311

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

Hi Jean-Paul,
only a partial answer to your question. It is not the intention to continuously follow the evolution of the .Net Framework versions. The switch to 4.7.2 has been done after many years, and I understand there is the intention to remain there for some years.
I have also the feeling that consequences of the switch on the OR scripts (which are a rather undocumented feature) have been forgotten. Do you have similar problems with the TCS scripts?
Can you check if you have this file: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll in your computer?
Where can a loco with this script be downloaded?

I hope people more knowledgeable than me will be able to provide more complete answers.

#3 User is offline   Jean-Paul 

• Fireman

Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:17 AM

Hi Carlos !
I didn't try with TCS (hem.... I recognize to desactivate TCS on main menu...Because TCS is teasing me ;-) ). But I think that's the same problem. I verified yesterday and I confirm I get v.2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll.
I tested it with French "Compagnons du Rail" X4630 railcar series (in which I participate to the .eng elaboration), available for free at : https://www.lescompa.../les-caravelles (X4630 are the first ones, but any series in this page is fitted with pbl2brake controller . BB-60000 Diesel engines (on the same site) are concerned too, as most of French TGVs modelized (and probably, I forget many engines). I'm going to verify tcs, and I'll tell you back !
Thanks for your help,
Cheers,
Jean-Paul

#4 User is offline   Jean-Paul 

• Fireman

Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:46 AM

Hi !
I just tried with operative TCS, and I confirm that, in fact, all the usual Script commands are inoperative. I also did a test with a circuit breaker fitted engine, with the same result. It seems that (see highlighted paragraphs in Log.txt) that NetFramework v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll is present, but that 'System.Func`1' is defined, but not findable in mscorlib.dll. So, that's astonishing, because it works perfectly with previous "tester" version... and my computer is fitted also with last version of NetFramework 4.7.2. (in fact, it's updated as soon as possible, then, successive versions of NetFramework are preserved).
Cheers !
Jean-Paul

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:10 AM

Seems the scriptmanager has a hardcoded reference to the older framework version. Just tested and once this is updated, the scripts are compiled ok again.

This is already updated in a newer code version which is not merged and released yet.

As for the other part of the question, it should not be required to update the scripts itself unless they'd be using some functionality which is changed in newer versions of .NET framework.

#6 User is offline   Jean-Paul 

• Fireman

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:38 AM

Hi !
Thanks a lot !
:sign_thanks:
I'm going to test this !
Cheers,
Jean-Paul

#7 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

Hi Jean-Paul,
can you explain what key on the keyboard doesn't work as it should, and what you mean by brakes commands working as "push-button"?

I have made a tentative bug correction in the latest version of OR NewYear MG. Can you try it? See here
http://www.elvastowe...post__p__248026 .
Can you try it?

To perpetualKid:
I have tried with this patch, which seems to remove the errors in the logfile:
Attached File  Script_execution.diff.txt (1.07K)
Number of downloads: 360

Is it what you have tried too?

12/5/2019 Further checks done. The above patch is not needed and the OR MG version already referenced 4.0. In fact, as perpetualKid says, for the standard OR version it is enough to pass from reference to 3.5 to reference to 4.0. I have anticipated perpetualKid with a PR, so that correction can occur in short time. I hope this can be OK to perpetualKid.

#8 User is offline   Jean-Paul 

• Fireman

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 11 May 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

Hi Jean-Paul,
can you explain what key on the keyboard doesn't work as it should, and what you mean by brakes commands working as "push-button"?

I have made a tentative bug correction in the latest version of OR NewYear MG. Can you try it? See here
http://www.elvastowe...post__p__248026 .
Can you try it?

To perpetualKid:
I have tried with this patch, which seems to remove the errors in the logfile:
Attachment Script_execution.diff.txt

Is it what you have tried too?

Hi Carlo !
"Push-button" allows brakes commands (M - ù on a french keyboard) to be reversible when only released, reproducing the effect of a brake "joystick" in use in France since 1970. When pulled, it brakes, when released, brakes are maintained in the reached pressure, when pushed, brakes are progressively released.
Let's say that, in fact, that's the usual way to command electropneumatic brakes in Europe.
Cheers,
Jean-Paul

#9 User is offline   Jean-Paul 

• Fireman

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

Hi Carlo,
I've tested OR MG 1.3.1-56, and Script commands are re-working. Screen fps is much lower than with classical OR, but I presume that's mormal.
Thanks for your help,
Jean-Paul

#10 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

I can report the same FPS issues.

Why did they not opt for say .Net 4.0 first?

Robert

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users