• You cannot reply to this topic

Advice request Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

In a route I was working on the terrain elevation from the DEM data turned out to be misleading on account of city streets and large buildings. The truth of the matter is the land is 3-4m lower than what the DEM data suggests.

This was not discovered until after laying most of a yard at the higher (wrong) elevation.

Does TSRE have a straightforward way to grab a large number of tracks and change their elevation and then reset their .tdb data? I'd rather not rip out all of the tracks and relay them (fixing the approaches will be enough of a PITA).

With KUJU's RE I'd convert the .w file to single line format and then copy the relevant rows of track shapes over to excel where I'd extract the elevation, adjust the altitude, and reconstruct the row. Copy/paste back tot he .w file and run a .tdb rebuild. Figuring out how to do that was more difficult than doing it. I could do that again... but TSRE doesn't appear to have a .tdb rebuild function... aqnd having used TSRE the world files will no longer load into KUJU's RE (a qdirection issue).

#2 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:30 AM

First pager of Route-Riter at the bottom right there is a button to change the elevation of all objects on all tiles. Is this what you're looking for Dave?

Paul ;-)

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

Could be. The big question is will it rebuild both the .tbd and .rdb. Because of a quirk in how TSRE handles qdirection() values I'm unable to open the route in KUJU's RE to do a rebuild there and I'm loathe to go track by track in TSRE and reset the values that way. Thanks for the tip Paul, I'll check it out.

#4 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:38 PM

Hi Dave,

Never used it before so can't say for sure what will happen. Just make a copy of the route and put it somewhere where you can get to it just in case R-R doesn't do what you want and need to replace it.

Paul :-)

#5 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 08 May 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

Because of a quirk in how TSRE handles qdirection() values I'm unable to open the route in KUJU's RE to do a rebuild there

Are you saying that MSRE crashes on TSRE qdirections or what?

#6 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

View PostGoku, on 08 May 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Are you saying that MSRE crashes on TSRE qdirections or what?

As best as I can understand, sort-of. The object rotator spreadsheet is where I first noticed the problem. Do you have a copy of it? I can send you a copy of mine if you want to see it. Something about an unexpected negative value in QDirection(). I described it in this thread Anyway, there was something in the world data that was causing RE to fail (as seen in Microsofts (SysInternals) procmon.exe utility (which will list individual files as they are read).

The maths are way beyond my learning so I cannot really add any m0ore useful information.

WRT getting the route into KUJU's RE, at present teh directory/route is not even recognized by RE... clearly something else I have done is impairing the inclusion of the name in the open route function. I need to fix that before trying to open it once more.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users