• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cabin day / night view in tunnel Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:33 AM

The CAB view goes from "day position" to "night position" when entering a tunnel. This also works fine on my route with dozens of tunnels.
However, four tunnel entrances (sometimes in one direction) continue to give the problem that it does not switch from day to night mode.
I have already tried several things, even digging up one tunnel completely today (CTR-F on all track sections) and completely digging in again. However ....., without effect ... :( (more frustrating is that one of these tunnels has always worked well ....)

My question, what actually triggers the "CAB day-night mode"? And can I influence this? (the tunnels are deep enough in the ground)

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:08 AM

View PostQJ-6811, on 04 May 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

The CAB view goes from "day position" to "night position" when entering a tunnel. This also works fine on my route with dozens of tunnels.
However, four tunnel entrances (sometimes in one direction) continue to give the problem that it does not switch from day to night mode.
I have already tried several things, even digging up one tunnel completely today (CTR-F on all track sections) and completely digging in again. However ....., without effect ... :( (more frustrating is that one of these tunnels has always worked well ....)

My question, what actually triggers the "CAB day-night mode"? And can I influence this? (the tunnels are deep enough in the ground)

Night cab switching also works under the terrain, where in MSTS, it only worked for tunnel track pieces.

Thanks

#3 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

View PostCoolhand101, on 04 May 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Night cab switching also works under the terrain, where in MSTS, it only worked for tunnel track pieces.

Thanks

True, works under the terrain, independent of the tunnel sections.

The problem is that with these tunnel entrances the terrain (or the "hole") neatly covers the tunnel entrance, but the CAB night mode no longer becomes active?
In other words, something has changed or influenced this 'trigger'. But what?

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:33 PM

Can you identify an older OR version that didn't show the problem? Here https://james-ross.c...jects/or/builds you have plenty of them.

#5 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:14 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 04 May 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

Can you identify an older OR version that didn't show the problem? Here https://james-ross.c...jects/or/builds you have plenty of them.

I don't think it's an OR problem, at least not a bug in a release. I now use release 1.3.1-43, but also tried with older releases such as X3487 and X4152. After my opinion so "something" in the route itself.
Today I will search further and try .......... :sweatingbullets:

(the only thing that may be 'relevant' is - I think - that in the last weeks I removed the transfers (ballast) below the track and largely repositioned the track + "F". It was noticed that in many places the "ground" is now slightly got higher (a +0.1 higher ..) No idea if this has or has not had an impact on this problem .....)

Let you know

#6 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:09 AM

In the line Val de Travers all tunnel tracks are manually processed in the x.tdb, because here the tunnel shapes of 2T were used as tubes, but the line is only single track.
Val de Travers

The section index of tracks where the cab is to be darkened must correspond to a tunnel shape.
See Global/Tsection.dat "TunnelShape ( )".
https://up.picr.de/35695262cs.jpg

To do this, the track must be found in the rail database using -World-UID- here:
-5877 14692 17
https://up.picr.de/35695261zb.jpg

The rail database already contains the SectionIndex 120 instead of 21951.
https://up.picr.de/35695260zo.jpg

A simpler option today can be achieved with TSRE5 by setting a real tunnel shape, saving it in x.tdb, and then replacing the shape with the EDIT function.

Don't select or mark the changed tracks anymore, because the original sectionIndex is reset and the cab won't switch to night.

Greetings Jan

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

This post has been edited by Kapitaen13: 06 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

#7 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

Tested for hours on the situation yesterday concerns the CAB view (night / day) in tunnels.

As an attachment a "summary" that I have experienced, and to be sure two log files. (which I think does not contain any relevant info?)

OK, conclusion to the present:
1) A "world-file borderline" has (often) an impact on this situation. (although I still don't understand why .....)
2) The operation of "Tunnel CAB day or night view", but also the "sound regions" appear to have an influence in which direction the train was started ????
So drive in "same direction as starting point" or drive in "opposite direction as starting point". This is very special but 100% present!
Still no idea whether this is an OR problem or a (combination) with the route.

If anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it.
If someone wants to test this, I can send a download link.

(try some other routes in the near future)

#8 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

Hello Jan, my reply has just crossed your message, sorry.

Yes, I know that in the Val_de_Travers route the tunnels have indeed been modified with different Shape. IOW, you can change this via TSRE5 and Edit. (OK)
The problem with "my tunnels" is now A2t (double track), but has also been adjusted via EDIT.

I have to think a bit about the last sentence of what you mean, find this out.
Thanks for the info

#9 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

I know what I'm saying.
I had to correct the SectionIndexes several times during the course.
Whenever the rails are selected again and the track is saved afterwards, the SectionIndexes in the .tdb return to the original values.

Modifying in the .tdb is much faster than editing with the Route Edi, because the tracks are mostly in the .tdb one behind the other.

Whether 1 or 2 track does not matter here. Check the SectionIndexes in the .tdb. I'm sure you'll see them on original when the cab doesn't get dark.

Greetings Jan

PS:I made the track sound for many German Routes. The differences for driving forwards and backwards are not due to the track but to the length of the vehicles.
If you choose a short vehicle, everything is correct - but with a long one, the backward drive can reproduce the sound regiones offset.
But this error is known since 2003 - at least to me!

This post has been edited by Kapitaen13: 06 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

#10 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:36 AM

View PostKapitaen13, on 06 May 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Whenever the rails are selected again and the track is saved afterwards, the SectionIndexes in the .tdb return to the original values.

Modifying in the .tdb is much faster than editing with the Route Edi, because the tracks are mostly in the .tdb one behind the other.

The differences for driving forwards and backwards are not due to the track but to the length of the vehicles.

Hello Jan,

I will check the section indexes tomorrow / this week to see if I can indeed find these differences. :sign_thanks:
For me the question remains why "forward" it goes wrong and "backward" not, perhaps the same as with the sounds, that the "trigger point" is not always in front of the train? OK, first find out and then continue … :)

Nice to hear that the sound phenomenon is "known". I have noticed this now, because I have been triggered on whether or not the placed sound regions work.
Still ... strange that it is not the train / consist that determines "front or rear", but the starting point (path direction). OK, for something perhaps logical? I'll let you know my findings.

Regards / Roger

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users