• You cannot reply to this topic

Sound Regions Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:43 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 04 May 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Sound region sounds are listed in the sound debug window in the OR NewYear MG version.

I have now also tried the "sound regions" in MG-NewYear. Indeed it can be clearly seen in the Sound debug that, as already indicated, that works in the forward direction, but not (100%) in the reverse direction. OK, too bad, it appears to work as it is ...… :unknw:
(and tried some changes in the .SMS file, such as similar to steam chuff sounds that sometimes have problems backwards. unfortunately no solution for the sound regions ....)

View PostGarry, on 05 May 2019 - 02:58 AM, said:

I use the Tile folder copy method quite often.

Thanks again for the idea, is certainly useful. :sign_thanks:

#12 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:23 AM

I at last had the time to have a check in the reverse direction (Explorer mode). I saw the tracksound changing as required in the sound debug window, and heard that too. You say that sometimes it does work and sometime it doesn't in reverse?

#13 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:00 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 14 May 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

I at last had the time to have a check in the reverse direction (Explorer mode). I saw the tracksound changing as required in the sound debug window, and heard that too. You say that sometimes it does work and sometime it doesn't in reverse?

Yes, in Explorer mode. Just to be sure, I don't mean "drive backwards" but start in the opposite direction from the starting point. I hope the picture below is clear.

Attached File  sound-regions.jpg (15.48K)
Number of downloads: 0

OK, noticed on "my" route with also tunnel problems and also partly with the same difference in "forward and backward" (see; http://www.elvastowe...__1#entry247781 ), but sound regions also tested on other routes (such as RMD-EAST, etc.). Yes, of course you first have to know where the sound regions are placed .... :) Sometimes it goes well, but often the short sound regions (small bridge, railway crossing) do not hear anything. Longer sections (long bridge or tunnels) are often audible, but then very delayed "on and off". (as if the trigger point is on the rear wagon, Switching off sometimes even further back?). And yes, distance view is not the problem here.

With MG-New year and sound debug it appears that you see exactly what you hear. I assume that you see the "trigger moment" here, which means that the relevant .SMS and .WAV files are correct.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users