• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scenery Problem after OR update Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Curt 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:04 PM

I had been successfully running an older version of OR (1.2xxx), until yesterday, when I finally decided to update to 1.3.1.4328. I'm, having several issues now, that I previously never had. I'm seeing, particularly in camera view 4, bushes and other vegetation are changing the shades of color. More of a darker shade, to a lighter shade, switchback and forth. More disturbing are the large areas of white in the distance (I tried to post the same screenshot that I used on the TrainSim site, but I'm getting an error). Again, these are both problems that were not encountered in the older version. I have my OR Video setting for Viewing Distance at 2,000m; World Object Density set to 10; Distant Mountains checked, with a viewing distance of 115km. Experimental setting is checked for Extend Object Maximum View Distance to Horizon. I've tried to reset various options, but am seeing no change in these problems. Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:31 PM

View PostCurt, on 25 April 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

I had been successfully running an older version of OR (1.2xxx), until yesterday, when I finally decided to update to 1.3.1.4328. I'm, having several issues now, that I previously never had. I'm seeing, particularly in camera view 4, bushes and other vegetation are changing the shades of color. More of a darker shade, to a lighter shade, switchback and forth. More disturbing are the large areas of white in the distance (I tried to post the same screenshot that I used on the TrainSim site, but I'm getting an error). Again, these are both problems that were not encountered in the older version. I have my OR Video setting for Viewing Distance at 2,000m; World Object Density set to 10; Distant Mountains checked, with a viewing distance of 115km. Experimental setting is checked for Extend Object Maximum View Distance to Horizon. I've tried to reset various options, but am seeing no change in these problems. Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thats quite a big step from 1.2 to 1.3.1. There are bound to be changes. You have tried various reset options and the problem still remains? I would try the following:

1. Uncheck "Model Instancing" and see if the vegetation problems are gone.

2. Set viewing distance of distant mountains to default( I think it's 32km )

3. Uncheck "Extend Object Maximum View Distance to Horizon"

4. Very importantly, post your OR log. This could show the possible problems you are experiencing!

5. Are these problems on a certain route or all routes?

Thanks

#3 User is offline   Curt 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:35 AM

Sorry for the late response, Coolhand. I really appreciate your reply. Was just able to go and make the suggested adjustments. Overall, much better - the issue with the trackside vegetation is gone and the white areas in the distant mountains, has improved, although still seen somewhat. Of course, as the train gets closer to the mountains, the scenery loads, and it looks fine. These issues were primarily happening on the Scenic Sub. I'll continue to work with it. Again, I appreciate your assistance!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users