Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Siding at Quaker in cnbalav1.5 or cnbalav2 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:43 AM

I am not sure if this message was posted before here or at other forums. Anyway, I want to ask about the siding at Quaker on the route of cnbalav1.5 or cnbalav2. As you know some of the player trains have to go to the siding with no AI train on the main track in sight. I am not sure why but believe that someone mentioned about this before about a hard code on the tracks at Quaker and can't change this to make the player train go through the main track at Quaker. I am not familiar with " hard code " and is that something to do with Route Building? If not possible to change the path and guess that I will be stuck with some player trains go through the siding with no AI trains insight on the main track. What's about with Open Rails Track Viewer and can change the paths or make no difference for this part. Let me know about this

John

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

John,

I don't have either cnbala route, but generally when the player train takes a siding without traffic it's because of the player path. It's just the way the activity creator set it up.

#3 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

Chris -- first want to say thank you for your reply and I have decided to check the path of the player train in MSTS Activity Editor and see the player train goes into the siding at Quaker. So I have changed the path to having the player train run on the main tracks unless there is a meet at some point. Also clicked " begin passing path " on all sidings between two points with start and finish destination.

Will let you know after the test with this activity in Open Rails.

John

#4 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

Chris -- first want to say thank you for your reply and I have decided to check the path of the player train in MSTS Activity Editor and see the player train goes into the siding at Quaker. So I have changed the path to having the player train run on the main tracks unless there is a meet at some point. Also clicked " begin passing path " on all sidings between two points with start and finish destination.

Will let you know after the test with this activity in Open Rails.

John

#5 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

John,

Glad I could help.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic