• You cannot reply to this topic

Thanks, Vince Just populated the PRR-ER Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:09 AM

Hey Vince,

Thanks again. Is there a trick to get the wires to display (or was it in the readme and I missed it).

Rick

#12 User is offline   lineman 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Train Simulator

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:37 AM

There is a catenary off-on icon in the route folder. Sorry those don't work, there is a pair of bat files at the bottom of the folder that do the job!

#13 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:19 PM

View Postlineman, on 14 April 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

There is a catenary off-on icon in the route folder. Sorry those don't work, there is a pair of bat files at the bottom of the folder that do the job!

Duh! In a mini-route I was looking at the main folder, not the ROUTES folder! Thanks....

I've been looking at my 2008 vintage PRR passenger set, and I'm thinking this route needs something a lot more 'OR-worthy'. There's no chance I can do a complete upgrade in any reasonable timeframe, but considering I already had upgraded the BLW E7 for the IC City of New Orleans and the B&O National Limited (OK, neither of them released yet...) I could easily push out an updated set of E7's as a bonus for folks who own the set. Started this last night, making good progress. Here's a teaser:

Attached Image: e7-1.JPG

Attached Image: e7-2.JPG

Attached Image: e7-3.JPG

#14 User is offline   hminky 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:45 PM

Great route.

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/prr_1.jpg

Harold

#15 User is offline   wellsburg 

• Conductor

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:11 PM

Hi,

Anyone get the following response when clicking the catenary on bat file. Suggestions to get the wires up ?

Same response if requesting a Print or Open of the bat file.

Attached Image: Clip01.jpg

Vince, This route is a Masterpiece. Great thanks to all that contributed.

Mike

#16 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

View Postwellsburg, on 14 April 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hi,
Anyone get the following response when clicking the catenary on bat file. Suggestions to get the wires up ?
Same response if requesting a Print or Open of the bat file.
Attachment Clip01.jpg
Vince, This route is a Masterpiece. Great thanks to all that contributed.
Mike

Hi Mike, Thats the response you'd probably get if you mistakenly double click the shortcut TO the batch (*.bat) file.The shortcut was from my machine and was included just as an example of what yours should look like. There I go again thinking everyone knows DOS. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_sorry.gif
Clicking on the WIRED-UP.bat itself should produce the desired. Then generate a new shortcut and place on desktop for EZ wires on and off. Works fine with Win10.

Please attach the OpenRailsLog.txt to any request for additional assistance.

regards,vince

#17 User is offline   wellsburg 

• Conductor

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:27 PM

Vince,
The wires are up. Thanks for the prompt response.
Mike

#18 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

Great route.
Thanks Vince..
Steve
P.S. This is where the ability to pick a trains folder from somewhere else would be nice.

#19 User is offline   SD45T-2 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR, Trainz, and Misc. Sims.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:40 PM

I'd thought I'd post a few screenshots of the fantrip activity. I've changed up some of the consists, replacing all the NS, CSX, and late PRR hoppers with a mix of hoppers more correct for the era. (Thanks to Christopher Parker, Scott Brunner, and CLW for a much improved hopper selection. I've probably left a few people out.) I also improved the Train Artisan E7 with window textures from another TA E7, and a BLLW Trainphone antenna kit. And I replaced some cabin cars where I could.

Waiting for traffic to clear. Left the station, but I didn't have the block in front of me.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-04-15 04-02-49.jpg

And we're on our way, for real this time!

Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-04-15 04-06-33.jpg

Preparing to overtake some hippos.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-04-15 04-09-37.jpg

When racehorses leave hippos in the dust.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-04-15 04-10-25.jpg

And on our way to Horseshoe curve.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-04-15 04-11-47.jpg

It's around this point I had to end the activity.

Side note: I'm not sure if I should ask Rick Franzoza about jiggering up some special purchase option. I'm rather short on cash, but I really want some N5Cs, and I'm tempted to just ask to buy some of those until my financial situation improves. I blame my postwar Lionel N5C.

To Rick - If you're reading the above, I'd like to just buy some BLW/ZT N5Cs, but if you don't want to, that's fine by me. I'll try to fill in the cash shortage somehow, eventually.

#20 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

Oh that looks very nice!
Yes, you don't get the block until those empties clear the switch. This is the really cool thing about Open Rails; The activity runs with exactly the same timing every time. For something different try setting Activity Randomization to a positive number, 1, 2 or 3. Interesting results . . . but dont make the mistake I did: I unknowenly had randomize ON when I was adjusting an activities timings. Drove me nuts for a while. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/goodnight.gif

I'm curious about K4 3750 you drive in this activity; The best I could do up that stiff grade West up the hill from Altoona to the curve was about 30 - 35 mph, ~ 40 mph on the steady 1.8% after the curve. Full throttle and ~30% cutoff.
I've also tried starting at Altoona at zero cutoff and slowly increasing the cutoff until she starts to move and then adjusting speed the same way leaving the throttle full on.Anything over 40% cutoff put steam in the red and I stall.Where did this come from? Years ago an old timer told me up at Bellows Falls Vt. "You can do that with a K4 but trying it on an engine without power reverse gear and it will break your arm and or dislocate your shoulder. Mayby bust the rev. gear too.

I did alter the K4'sengine files inserting the ORTS parameters for type, grate area, evap surface. Didn't change anything else but would welcome if a steam expert had a look. If you look at the OpenRailsLog.txt file (gets put on your desktop if Logging Box is checked on OR opening screen) there are "Information" messages re: the K4.
The parameters I added got rid of the "Warning" messages I was getting but I'd love to see all the ORTS K4 messages go away. I want to see how this engine performs in the real world. Running in autopilot is totally unrealistic as mentioned in these forums as it just plugs in the AI code. The steam usage is remarkable how much it changes between manual and autopilot operation. Speed too is out of wack.
Enjoy,
vince

Thanks for your feedback.

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users