Elvas Tower: The PRR Eastern Region Mini Route Package - Elvas Tower

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The PRR Eastern Region Mini Route Package Route uploaded to Trainsim.com File Library Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   HansJansen 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails; Zusi3

Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:55 AM

View Postslipperman, on 26 May 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Hi Hans,
Although, primarily, it's a route for Open Rails, it's included in the library as an MSTS route!
The file to be downloaded is : prr-east-v2-install.zip

Cheers,
Ged

Thanks Ged, I found it!

Bye for now,

#32 User is offline   ferrettije 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS & Open Rails

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

Vince,
First I would like to thank you for all your work on this. As a huge fan of the first version and of the PRR in general. I grew up on the old Pittsburgh main line in Jeannette during the Conrail era.

So I've had the original version of for several years now, and I have done some updating on my own. Removing phantom signals, adding station stops in the Pittsburgh, interlocking towers, and etc. I have yet to download the second version in fear of undoing all the work that I have done in the Pittsburgh region of the route. What all was done in the Pittsburgh area? As you know many station stops were not included and some of the scenery is incorrect in the original version.

:sign_thanks:

#33 User is online   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:11 AM

View Postferrettije, on 11 August 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Vince,
First I would like to thank you for all your work on this. As a huge fan of the first version and of the PRR in general. I grew up on the old Pittsburgh main line in Jeannette during the Conrail era.

So I've had the original version of for several years now, and I have done some updating on my own. Removing phantom signals, adding station stops in the Pittsburgh, interlocking towers, and etc. I have yet to download the second version in fear of undoing all the work that I have done in the Pittsburgh region of the route. What all was done in the Pittsburgh area? As you know many station stops were not included and some of the scenery is incorrect in the original version.

The new PRR Eastern installs in it's own mini route folder.If you follow the installation instructions it will not interfere with your other MSTS content.The best way to see what's changed is to install it and see for yourself.

Randy

#34 User is online   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:12 AM

View Postferrettije, on 11 August 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Vince,

The new PRR Eastern installs in it's own mini route folder.If you follow the installation instructions it will not interfere with your other MSTS content.The best way to see what's changed is to install it and see for yourself.

Steve

#35 User is offline   deandean1125 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:49 PM

If I might ask, how big is the route file itself?

#36 User is offline   EricF 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / Sometimes MSTS

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:03 AM

Unzipped and installed on your hard drive, it takes up about 2.5 GB. You can figure it will grow from there as you add more equipment to run... http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

#37 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:22 PM

Vince, Great Work...

Question. Since your route includes NEC Ver 4.3.6.3, will activities defined for NECv4 work in this route also??

I took the ride from Wash Union Station to Philly. and it's alot closer to the real thing vs what in NECv4. Again, Great Job.

Barry

#38 User is offline   llanning08 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:31 AM

NECv4 is similar to parts of the PRR Eastern Region, but each route's Track Database are quite different. Activities for NECv4 will not work in PRR-ER, need to be reworked.

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users