Elvas Tower: The PRR Eastern Region Mini Route Package - Elvas Tower

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The PRR Eastern Region Mini Route Package Route uploaded to Trainsim.com File Library Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   keystoneaholic 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

Took me all of 25 minutes to download over an ADSL line and less that 15 minutes to unzip, install and get running under OR. Initial impressions are that it is a definite improvement over the previous version. Only problem is that I think I need a new graphics card to handle it (which I have been thinking about for a while anywhere).

Thank you for your efforts in upgrading the route, there must have been a great deal of work involved.

Rob.

#22 User is offline   sburr 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS-Open Rails

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:13 PM

Vince,

Appears there may be a problem with the track going up to and around Horseshoe Curve from Altoona. About halfway up the hill to the curve, the tracks disappear and continue to not be present until after the curve when I cut off the simulator. Tried to run the Open Rails version several times, yet always came up with the same spot on the tracks, halfway up, and at the same spot on all 4 tracks, after that, no longer appearing in the sim.

Please take a look at it, especially if it appears to happen elsewhere in the route.

Thanks,

Steve Burr

#23 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:15 PM

Far as I recall, the Horseshoe Curve section uses ScaleRail which is in the Global/Shapes folder that came with the route. I have just run a short path from bottom to top and track is present and correct.

#24 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:26 PM

Folks,
Any bug reports must have an OpenRailsLog.txt attached to the post. Cannot speculate on bugs without it.
I thought I made this clear in the ReadMe..

vince

#25 User is offline   EricF 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / Sometimes MSTS

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

Wow... just wow! One of my favorite routes, and a fabulous re-work. Thank you, Vince! http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup3.gif

#26 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 14 April 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Far as I recall, the Horseshoe Curve section uses ScaleRail which is in the Global/Shapes folder that came with the route. I have just run a short path from bottom to top and track is present and correct.

There is some ScaleRail in incomplete sections. I did not touch any ScaleRail at all. I just tidied up the terrain-under-track.

One thing I think may need looking at is the gradient from Altoona up to to the curve. Is it really 3% in spots in the real world? I don't have track charts for this area.

I'm glad to hear folks enjoying the route, it was a real joy editing with a real editor (TSRE5).
If proper precautions are taken anyone can edit any route now plus I'm trained up so now I can restart work on the LIRR.Keep in mind though that even if you move a platform marker by the smallest amount you trash any activity that uses it. I found this out the hard way taking an extra month redoing att the activities , , , as you may have noticed, there is a fairly large amount of AI on the three NEC activities. I had reduced local service between Newark. NJ and Philly from 6 to 4 trains per hour.
Six locals per hour produced some epic delays but eventually it worked out but it was really a bit too much and so 4 per hour each direction. Local Philly to Washington loop service AI was always 4 per hour. It's unbelievable that Open Rails handles all these trains exactly the same each time the activity is run.
It's gets interesting when you set Activity Randomization ON, level 1 for these activities. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bigboss.gifI hear Activity Generator is working up templates for the route.

regards and back to Skyrim . . . for a while.

vince

#27 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:29 AM

I just downloaded the route from Trainsim, unzipped it and ran it - started perfectly !
Old version was a favorite, this one is even better.
Many thanks,

#28 User is offline   HansJansen 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails; Zusi3

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:37 AM

Hi,
I have been looking at TrainSim.com's file library, but I seem unable to locate this route anywhere.
Can/Would somebody provide me with the download link?
Thanks, and regards,

#29 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:06 AM

Hi Hans,
Although, primarily, it's a route for Open Rails, it's included in the library as an MSTS route!
The file to be downloaded is : prr-east-v2-install.zip

Cheers,
Ged

#30 User is offline   HansJansen 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails; Zusi3

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:49 AM

View Postslipperman, on 26 May 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Hi Hans,
Although, primarily, it's a route for Open Rails, it's included in the library as an MSTS route!
The file to be downloaded is : prr-east-v2-install.zip

Cheers,
Ged

Thanks, Ged! I will look again...

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users