• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

<Route Not Same> ***Surfliner Freeware O/R Error Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:29 PM

Hello, it's been a while, but still participating. Without ANY changes to my Discs, or install of MSTS/OR Version X1.3.1-42-g2ddfd841, all Routes and Activities play as designed, except for my install of Surfliner 2.3.

The Activity never starts, just the statement "<Route Not Same> being displayed next to ALL Activities in Surfliner 2.3. There is no log recorded as nothing starts! I deleted the copy in the main installation and replaced it with the original Surfliner Freeware Copy and it functions properly.
The only changes made to my Installation was to this latest one because of an issue elsewhere, which it cured.
I tried other Activities with a variety of Routes and they all function properly, both Payware and Freeware, Old and Newer, just Surfliner 2.3 has this issue. It was working properly when the updates from T-S were installed, I decided to run a different series of trains, needing a break from what I was doing on other routes.

I tried searching a similar issue without success. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:56 AM

Hi GTADon,
Are the activities you're attempting to run specifically created for Surfliner v2.3?
If not, the problem is caused because the RouteID (in the .trk file) for v2.3 is Surfliner2-3, whereas previous versions have a version-specific RouteID.

If there have been no changes to the track database, it might be possible to get activities for earlier versions to run in v2.3 by changing the RouteID entry in the .act file/s to Surfliner2-3, but it can't be guaranteed.

Cheers,
Ged

#3 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR, TS2016

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:06 AM

Slipperman is right, I had this problem and the way I fixed it was going to my activities directory in the surfliner2-3 route directory and opened the .act files with notepad I changed the RouteID ( Surfliner2-2 ) to RouteID ( Surfliner2-3 ) with every .act file. once this is done all activities work just fine.

#4 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

That is great, thank you for this information, but it does not explain why this just started. I have run a few of the Activities with no issues until after upgrading Open Rails Experimental Version.
I will try this and see if it works for me. Oh the mysteries of Train-Simming!

#5 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

Hi Don, Openrails does his crosscheck only since few months ago. This explains why you didn't get the problem with older OR versions.

BTW the crosscheck with pop-up message has been introduced after some people created bug reports about activities for route A not running on route B...

#6 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:41 AM

Thank you for that information, now I am pretty sure I am not insane! :sign_thanks:
That small change worked, now I am happy again and know what to check in the future.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users