#11 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:53 AM

View PostRaj2002, on 20 March 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

IMPORTANT!!
I discovered new something today!!

When I was using visual studio to debug the source code (running menu.exe), I found that when I changed target .NET Framework version to v4.0, the menu atleast came up however it threw exception

System.TypeInitializationException

…..

Inner Exception 1:
FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.

Main crux is that it is possible that .NET Framework 3.5 version pre-installed in my computer may have been corrupted/altered by some software.
Can that be a reason?? I need some advice regarding this so that I can re-install .NET Framework 3.5.

if you change the Framework version for whatever reason with the current source code to something newer than 3.5, it will compile but not run out of the box.
In that case, you will need update all app.config to add "useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy" to enable mixed mode assemblies.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
	<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2"/>
  </startup>
</configuration> 

However, I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, and it's unlikely this will fix the problem.

Like other said, there may be issues with either your hardware (memory), or some files in the Windows installation are corrupted.
To check, I'd recommend few steps
- run chkdsk /f
- run sfc /scannow
- run dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restore health
- run mdsched

#12 User is offline   Raj2002 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:26 AM

Well thank you all for your support but it is running now!!!
I had doubts that my .Net framework v3.5 is corrupt so I configured OR to run with v4.0 by altering app.config files and voila! It worked!!
I think that my .Net installation was corrupted by some incomplete installation which may have caused the error.

#13 User is offline   Raj2002 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:30 AM

Thank you perpetualKid.... Actually I had done the same thing...Configured .Config files.
I just saw your post later.

#14 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:38 AM

Hi Raj2002,
With respect, Open Rails is supplied as a package. I accept that you may be experienced enough to modify any elements inside that package to fit in with your particular system, but, if your modified version fails to work correctly IN ANY WAY you are on your own. Open Rails Team members might be able to help, but why should they? They have sufficient work developinging and bug-fixing OR for the rest of us!

I'm not an experienced Open Rails user by any means, but, knowing your modus operandi, will consider, very carefully, before even attempting to answer any more of your posts. Sorry about that, but I'm always willing to try to answer anybody with genuine problems.

Cheers,
Ged

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users