• You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails doesn't starts!!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Raj2002 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:44 AM

Hello everybody!!
I have joined this forum recently. Primarily beacuse I am facing issues running Open Rails.
It was working fine till 19th Feb 2019 but after that I had installed two driver softwares for my phone and a phone recovery software and when I tried running OR, It crashed and gave the following error as in the screenshot.
I am attaching screenshot of the error and OR log file when it ran last time.Attached File  Desktop.zip (59.12K)
Number of downloads: 477
The main problem lies in MENU.exe besides that, tt editor, track viewer, and all other programs are not running except activity editor.

I had installed XNA Framework 3.1 twice and .NET Framework is also installed almost every version including 3.5.

I am running Win 8.1, x64, intel i3 @ 1.7 GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM with NVIDIA GPU.

Please help me. I have been longing since one month.

#2 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:34 AM

Have you tried a new install of Open Rails?.

#3 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:12 AM

Hi Raj2002,
As copperpen has pointed out, a new OR install might help, however, these are my comments :

1. You're using a very old version of Open Rails (1.2.3766) - I suggest using at least v1.3.1
2. Although you have an NVIDIA card installed, your PC appears to be using its Intel graphics system
3. Low powered NVIDIA graphics card (GeFORCE 810M)
4. Minimum speed processor (1.7GHZ)
5. There is a large number of warnings, indicating that a loco in the selected consist requires files from a default MSTS installation which are not available.
6. I'm not sure that C:\USERS is a very good location for an MSTS or ORTS installation under Win 8.1

This looks like a laptop PC and I don't believe that Open Rails is supported or guaranteed to work fully on such equipment.

Cheers,
Ged

#4 User is online   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:39 AM

What has drivers for your phone have to do with your computer?
Have your tried to reverse out the drivers?
Since OR was running, what other changes were made to the computer besides the phone drivers?
Does device manager show that all the hardware is functional?
Is the failure to start with every route/trainset?

#5 User is offline   Raj2002 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:18 AM

Thank you all for your support...I would mention some more points as per your queries:
1. OR worked very well before 19/2.
2. I had uninstalled all the phone drivers.
3. Yes, it is a laptop pc and OR worked very well in it....I have been using it since early 2016.
4. I also tried installing v 1.3.1 along with the original version I had.
5. Phone drivers installed were specially designed for my phone lenovo zuk 2 to connect to it.
6. After I discovered that OR was not working, I had installed visual studio 2017 with c#, vb and Python to try to debug it and discovered that menu.exe always threw system.accessviolationexception along with system.typeinitialisation exception in a particular function. I was unable to understand the cause as I am just a beginner in Python.(And programming)
7. Trainset and routes are too far for me....It doesn't opens right now.

Some points I would like to ask:
1. Currently...I have memory about 160gb left of 440 gb...Has memory anything to do with that?
2. Maybe it can be a virus but my antivirus hasn't detected anything.
3. I will try re-installing OR again after deleting previous installations but where should it be done??

And thank you all again for your time and cooperation.

I will try re-installing OR and check device manager which I haven't done yet.

#6 User is offline   Raj2002 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

I forgot to mention....I had also installed dr fone phone recovery software and had deleted it.

Moreover as per screenshot, it throws system.accessviolation exception which according to visual studio means memory can be corrupt....How could I check for that?? And what could be its (exception) causes ....maybe a clue could be found.

#7 User is online   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:52 AM

There are likely system diagnostic software available, either online or from the maker of you computer. I know Dell offers several diagnostic tools for their products. If you have more than a single memory module, perhaps removing one at a time until the error goes away may isolate a probable bad memory module. Also may want to check out any background programs that may be using RAM (are you using the word memory to refer to RAM as well as hard drive space? 440GB (to me) is an unusual amount of RAM).

#8 User is offline   Raj2002 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

440 gb is HDD space....Not RAM....Sorry I forgot to mention.

I guess the memory (RAM) may not be corrupt as if it would have been so then many programs should have crashed and when I used task manager, I saw that after using just 20mb or so it crashes

#9 User is offline   Raj2002 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

IMPORTANT!!
I discovered new something today!!

When I was using visual studio to debug the source code (running menu.exe), I found that when I changed target .NET Framework version to v4.0, the menu atleast came up however it threw exception

System.TypeInitializationException
HResult=0x80131534
Message=The type initializer for 'ORTS.Settings.InputSettings' threw an exception.
Source=ORTS.Settings
StackTrace:
at ORTS.Settings.InputSettings..ctor(IEnumerable`1 options) in C:\Users\Rajnish\Downloads\New folder (3)\Source\ORTS.Settings\InputSettings.cs:line 261
at ORTS.Settings.UserSettings..ctor(IEnumerable`1 options) in C:\Users\Rajnish\Downloads\New folder (3)\Source\ORTS.Settings\UserSettings.cs:line 371
at ORTS.MainForm.MainForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Rajnish\Downloads\New folder (3)\Source\Menu\MainForm.cs:line 136
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
at ORTS.Program.MainForm() in C:\Users\Rajnish\Downloads\New folder (3)\Source\Menu\Program.cs:line 54
at ORTS.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Rajnish\Downloads\New folder (3)\Source\Menu\Program.cs:line 35

Inner Exception 1:
FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.

Main crux is that it is possible that .NET Framework 3.5 version pre-installed in my computer may have been corrupted/altered by some software.
Can that be a reason?? I need some advice regarding this so that I can re-install .NET Framework 3.5.

Attached File(s)

#10 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:22 AM

If you have Win10 you should have .Net Framework already installed.
I'd suggest you to install the latest .Net Framework version that is needed since few days for newer OR releases, that is .Net Framework 4.7.2.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users