• You cannot reply to this topic

"Lateralizzazione" Doors Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Paolo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:13 AM

Hello!
I wanted to know if it is conceivable to think that in the future a command can be added in the cabin to simulate the "Lateralization" of the doors. The function is similar to Circuit Braker, in fact the driver presses the button that starts blinking and then remains in a fixed blue light when the "lateralization" of the doors is active.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:34 AM

Just interest, what do you mean by "Lateralization"?
I assume that you mean the command "doors release", but that is actually Q and SHIFT-Q.
Only in the cabin signage you can not see whether the left or right doors are "open". (signaling always 'on', if one of both sides are open, not left or right separately)
A delay that the cabin signaling goes off if the doors would be really closed would be nice. (I know, too perfect … :D )
You can, however, make a sound alarm signal when you drive away with "open doors".

#3 User is offline   Paolo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:21 PM

Lateralization button in reality makes the control of the closed doors electrically active. It's mandatory on all Italian trains from 2013.
If the driver doesn't push this button before start, all the doors aren't blocked.
I think that it would be nice to insert this function because it's very similar to circuit braker and it would be another step to increase the details of the trains starting operations.

#4 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:10 PM

OK, something different than in the Netherlands, but it has the same function.
In fact, you want the doors to not be able to be opened while driving, or to leave until all doors are "closed / locked". (checked by confirmation / button by the driver)
(IOW, no traction possible with open doors or if so, emergency stop)
As far as I have tried, it is currently not possible to influence the traction or brakes with the trigger "doors open".
(as bypass i made an "alarm signal" in the cab if depart with open doors, see attachment)

Definitely a nice option, or does someone have ideas for a possibility?

[attachment=95902:doors-CAB_SMS.txt]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users