Elvas Tower: Road car camera - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Road car camera Chasing trains with OR Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

I'm developing a road car camera, that is a camera that attaches itself to a spawned car which is near to the train and runs in the same direction, and looks at the train.
Speed of the roadcar may be adjusted by the player, by pressing the Zoom in ( 9(NumKey) ) and Zoom out ( 3(NumKey) ). The speed may be adjusted between 0.25 and 1.25 of the speed defined in the spawner block within the .w file. Note that reaction to key press is slow, because cars accelerate and decelerate slowly (and even slowlier if they are long vehicles).
The road car camera is integrated in the platform and level crossing camera, which is recalled by pressing Shift-4 .
OR first tries to find a near platform, then, if none found, a near spawned car, and, if none found, a near level crossing.
The spawned roadcar must not be farther than 100 meters from the train. Once found, the spawned roadcar continues being attached to the train up to 240 meters.
In my opinion nice dynamic view are generated where roads are laid down near the track.

A first release of the feature is already available in Rel. 10 of OR NewYear MG, which is downloadable at the usual address.

Blueprint: https://blueprints.l.../roadcar-camera
Trello box: https://trello.com/c...ollowing-camera

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:38 AM

That! Sounds! Awesome!! That's how I usually see my trains because I blow the timing at the last minute

#3 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

Pardon..., But with so many camera developments taking place... Can I suggest a small change to existing passenger camera...??

Currently the 5 view passenger camera is kind of "stuck" with the vibration of car. Can we make the camera view independent of the vibration...?? That way it would be more realistic. Kind of like how RW has it done. That would be nice feature to have.... :sweatingbullets:

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:08 AM

Improvements in the roadcar camera are present in rel. 11 of OR NewYear MG (see http://www.elvastowe...post__p__245502 ).

#5 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

I really like that car cam - works great at crossings also . It sure is easier and safer than chasing trains and uses less gasoline . Thank you for all of your additions like this. They add a lot to the realism of train watching and the whole experience overall .
Thanx Again !
Rod

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

A video showing the new feature can be seen here
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#7 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:19 PM

Darn, Now gotta find a way to make the cars go up and over the crossings instead of through them? I have always wondered if the crossing was defined as a road section in the Tsection if the cars would then go over the slight incline of the crossing shape?

Robert

#8 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostSP 0-6-0, on 11 February 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

Darn, Now gotta find a way to make the cars go up and over the crossings instead of through them? I have always wondered if the crossing was defined as a road section in the Tsection if the cars would then go over the slight incline of the crossing shape?

Robert

I assume you're still using MSTS? In OR, if a level crossing object is present over that road lane, a car will go up and over the rails. In MSTS, if you want that to happen, you'll have to use very short road pieces in a 'bump' pattern over the crossing

#9 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:57 PM

View Postebnertra000, on 11 February 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

I assume you're still using MSTS? In OR, if a level crossing object is present over that road lane, a car will go up and over the rails. In MSTS, if you want that to happen, you'll have to use very short road pieces in a 'bump' pattern over the crossing

Or possibly make the crossing an active road section in the global shapes folder.

Thanks for the heads up on ORTS. I never really noticed I guess.

Robert

#10 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:30 AM

Following the UP 4014 with all the camera features of Open Rails... https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be .

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users