Elvas Tower: Night texture problem in coaches - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Night texture problem in coaches NIGHT alternative not working Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

View Postdforrest, on 30 January 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

This thread seems to assume that seasonal textures can be used for roiling stock. I was not aware that this was possible. How is it done? Where are the relevant seasonal shape files stored?

There is a thread here quite recent where a set of locos were calling for autumn textures that did not exist in the loco folder. This was caused by the use of ESD 252 in the sd file. So for rolling stock seasonal textures, it is the same as for scenic objects, set up the appropriate textures in the required folders for each rolling stock item and make the ESD 252 in the sd file. There was some experimenting done a few years ago with this for MSTS, but I cant remember how far that got.

#12 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:08 AM

Yes the 257 works for both snow and night but only for seasonal scenery items you have to do as posted just above for locos and coach interiors.

Chris

#13 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

You might try using a fullbright or halfbright material for the car interior. You would need to render the lighting in such a way that it's lit at night, but still looks reasonably dark during the day, although, to be fair, this isn't terribly difficult, because what looks dark during the day can be atrociously bright at night.

Yes I know about that..., However I avoid use of FullBright or HalfBright because:

1) Adding extra material causes a draw call, which is very important to keep as low as possible. (Currently draw calls are at 14 with 7 textures used across 10 variants of coach so there is no unique texture for a single coach)
2) Using BRIGHT shaders causes a very uniformly lit interior which seems unrealistic because even when there is a light in coach, the brightness across entire coach wont be uniform.

So thats why I avoid use of BRIGHT shaders... However in case no solution comes I would be using it as last resort...

Ohhh... And I use Blender for exporting using Wayne`s awesome exporter....

@Csantucci

You have a PM..... :)

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

OR requires that the .sd files have the name of the related shape file (the .s file), not the name of the related trainset (the .wag or .eng file).
Modify your .sd filenames accordingly (or put in parallel a new set of them), and you should have your night textures, provided they are present in your Night subfolder.

#15 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:36 PM

Hello..., Unfortunately... Even putting in .S name in .SD files instead of .WAG resulted in no success... Even 256 or 257 didn't made any difference.... 8P :ko2: :ko2: This is turning out to be one heck of a problem..... :unknw:

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:35 PM

That works here. Here is what I get by day
Attached Image: Day.jpg
and here is what I get at beginning of night
Attached Image:  Night.jpg
after having renamed the .sd files, and using a fully black .ace for the car body. In the test pack there is some mismatch between wags and associated .s files, and some night textures are missing. I had to correct them.

#17 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:17 AM

Ohhh.....Okay.... Got it.... I thought that .S file reference inside the .SD file should match the name. I modified accordingly and it works now.... :jumpy:

Many thanks for helping out in trying to find the problem.... :sign_thanks: :drinks:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users