• You cannot reply to this topic

CTD when running w/Platform-Siding Display On Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

I need help.
Is there a way to determine the location of the object ( or what the object is) that OR seems to be wanting to load when I get this crash?This happens in activity or explore mode.
Only happens when F6 display is on.
Crash also happens if I start a mile or so away and fly camera #8 view away from my player train to the location.This has also been reported by a beta tester with a higher spec machine than mine.This ones got me stuck. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ko2.gif

regards,
vince

edit:add Working through W, TIT & TDB files comparing platform datablock lists. Luck has it my printer is working!
Three side-by-side hard copy is easy pickins' for finding a bug. It's in here somewhere but this is the largest object (4489) tile in the route.vhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/buffalobill.png

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

Quite strange. Maybe in the .tdb file there is a SidingItem or PlatformItem block that misses the SidingName/PlatformName line or has a syntax error.

My compliments for the practically absent warning lines in a very intricated road like this.

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

Csantucci, on 25 January 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

Quite strange. Maybe in the .tdb file there is a SidingItem or PlatformItem block that misses the SidingName/PlatformName line or has a syntax error.
My compliments for the practically absent warning lines in a very intricated road like this.
Hi Carlo,
Thanks for the reply and the compliment.
There were over 300 database errors when I started the PRR upgrade project. All gone except this pesky platform thing.
I suspect the same as you but the details on just where this is has me in the ditch. There are 12 platform markers involved. Each platform takes 2 datablocks in the TIT & TDB as I found last night,I'll do a careful count to see if I can find an extra datablock and I can cross reference the Uid's for each plat marker.

Any help you can suggest on what triggers the error . . . and where and what the object is (or is not) would be much appreciated.
No rush as I'm busy all throughout the route cleaning up the beta testers reports.Thank you for the effort you and your team have put into this Sim.

regards,
vince

#4 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

I have already suffered this problem. The problem is that the TrItemId statement of a Platform in the world file does not match the name of the Platform in the Tritemled of the .tit and .tdb file.
As it says that you have 12 Platform on the tile, I advise you to delete them all in TSRE, save to regenerate the World, .tit and .tdb files. Then create them again.
Another solution is to collate the data of the Platform statement of the world file with the data of these in the .tdb and .tit files, but this is more tedious.

#5 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

Hello Xavi,
Thanks for reply. I've deleted all 12 platform markers but still get error.
The manual collating the data wasn't that tedious once I printed them out.
No errors seen there either.
I'm beginning to suspect a siding marker because after I had been working at Altoona and Lewisville I happened to visit Philadelphia.and siding markers at Powelton yard went missing.Damn! Again! Just checked.....
All siding markers in Powelton yard at the Philadelphia Terminal have now twice just vanished.
I just jumped there to look in TSRE and they are gone again with one (trk5) remaining.
The plot thickens . . .http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bigboss.gif

regards.
vince

#6 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

It might not be a good idea to delete the 12 Platform and have checked the correct registration in the .tit and .tdb file.

I am now away from home and I can not document you correctly how to solve the error.

For Monday night, I could tell you something more concrete.

#7 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

xavivilla, on 27 January 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

It might not be a good idea to delete the 12 Platform and have checked the correct registration in the .tit and .tdb file.
I am now away from home and I can not document you correctly how to solve the error.
For Monday night, I could tell you something more concrete.

Hi Xavi,
It's always choices. . . delete 12 platforms or 30 siding markers.
Deleted the 12 and still had the error, so it's on to the siding markers. Deleted siding markers and the errors is gone.

This error only shows up after I've been editing and installing track interactives at another location.
I'm running the x version TSRE5_v0.6973.exe where I normally run with the useTdbEmptyItems = true and this is when the trouble starts.

I've only just now again set useTdbEmptyItems = false.
I had it set to 'true' because I became alarmed at the sheer number of 'EmptyItem' blocks and as I'd had no trouble (up to this point) with database problems but it seems to ave reared it's ugly head again so I have set the useTdbEmptyItems is now set as false.
I guess I'll just have to hope the 'EmptyItem' list doesn't choke either the Sim or the editor.Right now I have eliminated both reported platform/siding bugs from the route.

I just wish Open Rails would detail just what sent into a CTD situation with some info on what/where the offending missing object was.Another wish: That a reliable TDB rebuild routine be developed in TSRE. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/Neeeedsleeep.gif

Regards,
vince

#8 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:24 AM

I have disabled useTdbEmptyItems in the settings.txt file and when EmptyItems are generated by removing interactive objects, when creating new interactive objects use the TrItemId that were left empty.
My .tdb file of 738974 lines and 65 Mb does not contain any EmptyItems unless some interactive has been removed before saving the tdb

#9 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

xavivilla, on 28 January 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

I have disabled useTdbEmptyItems in the settings.txt file and when EmptyItems are generated by removing interactive objects, when creating new interactive objects use the TrItemId that were left empty.
My .tdb file of 738974 lines and 65 Mb does not contain any EmptyItems unless some interactive has been removed before saving the tdb

Hi Xavi,
Yes. I too have discovered that running with UseEmptyItems enabled sems to cause more problems than it does eliminating empty TDB Items.So it's off for the time being.
As I said previously the Philadelphia problem was a Siding Item.
Well it was 50-50 which I chose to remove first and less platforms (12) than sidings (30+) made the choice logical especially since I had already removed all my activities platform stops at Philadelphia in anticipation of removing the platform markers.

Not deleting the activity stops a while ago totally slagged all the activities just because I 'adjusted' a platform marker length to better fit the station.
BIG mistake because after I did that the activity editor refused to load . . . any activity because I use a 'global' AI traffic and Loose Consist for all the 'formal' activities! Oh woe!

It took me weeks to sort that mess out and just when I had the route ready for the beta testers too. Adding the platforms and sidings back won't take me long.

I think a case can be made for a Database Rebuilder to eliminate the empty items.
The MSTS rebuilder was buggy and if certain preparations weren't made it didn't rebuild anything.Goku, If you need a challenge of a route to develop a DB rebuild, I've got a Dropbox for you . . .http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cheers3.gif

regards,
vince

#10 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Can I make a request that if OR detects a missing item, a siding marker in this case, that some detailed location information be included with the error report?

This error crashes the sim when display sidings is on and the error log has no useful information.

A missing signal shape is ignored by the Sim (enabling a fix btw) so why crash the Sim over a missing siding marker?
Seems excessive. . . .

Please, can some detailed location be provided with the error report? Like with the signal errors I was able to fix thanks to location details.
I'm in a deep ditch here as this is a show stopper and I don't see a way out.

[b]Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[/b][b]   at Orts.Viewer3D.Popups.WindowTextFont.EnsureCharacterData(String text) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Popups\WindowText.cs:line 381
[/b]   at Orts.Viewer3D.Popups.WindowTextFont.MeasureString(String text) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Popups\WindowText.cs:line 173
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Label3DMaterial.GetTextLocation(Int32 x, Int32 y, String text) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Materials.cs:line 1325
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Popups.LabelPrimitive.Draw(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Popups\LabelPrimitive.cs:line 61
   at Orts.Viewer3D.BasicMaterial.Render(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, IEnumerable`1 renderItems, Matrix& XNAViewMatrix, Matrix& XNAProjectionMatrix) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Materials.cs:line 581
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Label3DMaterial.Render(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, IEnumerable`1 renderItems, Matrix& XNAViewMatrix, Matrix& XNAProjectionMatrix) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Materials.cs:line 1314
   at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.DrawSequences(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Boolean logging) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\RenderFrame.cs:line 830
   at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.DrawSimple(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Boolean logging) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\RenderFrame.cs:line 782
   at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.Draw(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\RenderFrame.cs:line 678
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.RenderProcess.Draw() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\RenderProcess.cs:line 306
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.Game.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\Game.cs:line 135
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Orts.Program.Main(String[] args) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Program.cs:line 50
 Information: Game.PopState()  

Sincerely,vince cockeram

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users