• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Route Consists Adding Loose Consists to Routes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Woodfyr 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

There appears to be no way to populate a "Route" with Loose Consists within TSRE. Yes, I know it can be done within individual "Activities"

I wish to add consists to yards and sidings to "populate" any an/or all routes. Consists may or may not be used in the development of Activities Through a
selection process within the TSRE Consist Editor or say, Conbuilder.

Any thoughts, :sign_thanks:

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:12 PM

For trains to populate a route, no matter what, they have to be placed as static scenery items. As static scenery items, those train sets cannot be used in Activities. Another way is to use Activity Generator software: http://www.skylineco...com/default.htm It's templates automatically populate routes with traffic, static consists, etc.

#3 User is offline   Woodfyr 

• Fireman

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

Have used Skyline programs but want to have more flexibility in placing "industry specific consists" at "specific industry sidings".

A great tip from 'Eric' at TS is to make a "Master Activity" that can be used as a basic pattern for All Activities on a given route.

A great winter project that will sure beat shoveling snow(at my age, anyway) :oldstry:

Thanks,

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

There is, ofcourse, also the option of creating a timetable which could be compared to a 'Master Activity' but also includes all possible trains for which you would like to create an activity. Remember that you can select all trains which are defined in a timetable as player train.
If you are intending to create multiple activities, a timetable is a very usefull alternative.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   Woodfyr 

• Fireman

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

Thanks Rob,

Creating Timetables is on the "Learn to do" list After TRSE.

I am presently concentrating on Paul Charland's Connecticut River Route with which I have a real personal attachment.

#6 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

Anyone know exactly to find the information at other forum. I did sent two private messages to that guy and for some reason he did not want to reply. Anyway it's about " A great tip from 'Eric' at TS is to make a "Master Activity" that can be used as a basic pattern for All Activities on a given route on #3 message above. " I did look for or search through the other forum to find this tip. That is why I sent him 2 private messages and he still not even reply back to me as I saw his name that he is visiting this forum to read messages or post messages.

Thank you,

John

#7 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

Making a MASTER ACTIVITY that contains all the static consists is a flawed approach. It involves a lot of manual editing every time you want to run an activity. Imagine a route with 50 industry sidings. Each siding would likely have a loaded and unloaded consist for each. But the two loaded and unloaded consists cannot occupy the same track space, nor for the activities sake would you want them to. So one needs to be deleted from the activity when its run. Forget and you have a game crash in MSTS.

#8 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

Thank you Chris for quick reply. Guess that I am not going into this.

John

#9 User is offline   Woodfyr 

• Fireman

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:36 PM

View Postjpmackay, on 15 February 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Anyone know exactly to find the information at other forum. I did sent two private messages to that guy and for some reason he did not want to reply. Anyway it's about " A great tip from 'Eric' at TS is to make a "Master Activity" that can be used as a basic pattern for All Activities on a given route on #3 message above. " I did look for or search through the other forum to find this tip. That is why I sent him 2 private messages and he still not even reply back to me as I saw his name that he is visiting this forum to read messages or post messages.

Thank you,

John

Sorry for not getting back to you. Health issues over the past few days have taken priority and nothing further on this thread is anticipated.

#10 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

View PostWoodfyr, on 24 January 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Creating Timetables is on the "Learn to do" list After TRSE.

My list as well.

Having little experience in making activities it would be EXTREMELY helpful to me (and probably many others) if there were some timetables that were shared. Whether they are part of a tutorial or not is almost besides the point... as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and IMO that would apply here as well.
:sign_thanks:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users