Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:32 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=2774
File Name: ORTS Summer Day Skydome and ReShade Preset
File Submitter: scottb613
File Submitted: 19 Jan 2019
File Category: Beta Test Files

ORTS Skydome Tailored For Monogame ORTS ReShade Profile

Hi Folks,

Includes my ReShade preset for Monogame ORTS - place anywhere and point ReShade to it.

Sky textures work fine in XNA and Monogame ORTS.

Includes Custom Cloud Alpha Texture - to remove ORTS haze - inspired by Claus's fine work.

Includes Custom Summer Day Skydome Texture - running ORTS at 120% brightness looks appropriate on my machine.

Place both the Skydome1.png and Clouds01.png in the content directory of ORTS - backing up your original files first.

Regards,
Scott

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Woodfyr 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:57 AM

Scot

As you appear to be the Reshade guru in these parts-- could you provide a detailed step by step installation and startup procedure for Reshade into Open Rails MG.
Try as I might, I have not been able to get Reshade to work in the latest version. Did get it to work in OR 1.2 somehow.
I believe this would do much for those like my self who's aging brain cells have a bit of a time wrapping our heads about these new features.

BTW, let me say that your efforts and contributions are very much appreciated.

#3 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:08 AM

I concur much appreciate your work on things Scott and would like to know about Reshade as I like a good clear sky the foggy old ones i dont use at all if i can avoid it but has been hard to remove them from some routes so a software to help would be great...similar to what Sky Conductor used to be

Where do we get Reshade? is it payware or free?

thanks

Chris

#4 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostWoodfyr, on 03 February 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Scot

As you appear to be the Reshade guru in these parts-- could you provide a detailed step by step installation and startup procedure for Reshade into Open Rails MG.
Try as I might, I have not been able to get Reshade to work in the latest version. Did get it to work in OR 1.2 somehow.
I believe this would do much for those like my self who's aging brain cells have a bit of a time wrapping our heads about these new features.

BTW, let me say that your efforts and contributions are very much appreciated.

Hi...

Guru - LOL - not so much... Very happy to help !

Sure...

To start with - get the latest "Monogame" ORTS here - has to be Monogame - the old XNA version will not work:

http://www.elvastowe...post__p__244071

Install the MG ORTS separate from your default ORTS - can't be in the same folder...

Then go to "ReShade" and download the latest version of software:

https://reshade.me/

Then run the installer for ReShade and point it to your "MONOGAME" executable - "OpenRails.exe"

In the ReShade installer select the middle option for shaders "Direct3D 10+" - that's it - it's installed...

When you start MG ORTS you should then see a new ReShade banner as the program starts - it tells you which key to press once your in game to open the interface... All changes are dynamic and you need to be fully in game with a session running to connect...

If you want to use my preset - put it wherever you want - open the ReShade interface - in game - and select the "preset" path in the correct field...

I set my ORTS brightness to 120% - looks good on my machine...

Best of luck...

Regards,
Scott

#5 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:18 AM

Hi Chris,

ReShade is completely free - been around for a long time - and works with a myriad of sims...

Regards,
Scott

#6 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:23 AM

Hi Folks,

As you get comfortable with it - here's how to mod a ReShade preset on your own...

Modding the ReShade settings is super simple - once you figure out the all the various shader settings are mouse "click and drag" - I spent like a month painfully typing numbers before I realized this... By default [Shift][F2] opens the config tool - uncheck "Performance Mode" then look at the massive lists of shaders - each one has a simple "on/off" radio box to the left - with the associated setting listed below it... I just go down the list clicking the radio buttons on and off to see what they do and if it's something that might help to get the look I'm trying to achieve... If it is - I start playing with the sliders for the desired effect... All the changes are real time so you can see the results immediately... Check the "Performance Mode" again when done... That's it... My profile only uses four shaders out of the 50 or more included... I just installed the newest version of ReShade and the interface is a bit difference than the older version I ran - I like it better...

Note - not all shaders will work with ORTS...

As for the shaders - less is more - it's real easy to go overboard - try to be subtle with changes - just my two cents...

Regards,
Scott

#7 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:46 AM

wow wonderful thanks

uh what is Monogame ORTS? is that like a stand alone single route install?

no clue

thanks

Chris

#8 User is online   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

Chris. Sometime in the future ( hopefully near future ) OR will be switching to monogame, developer Carlo Santucci has been doing preliminary work in getting a monogame version of OR up and running, I'm using it, as are many others.

Carlo just released a new version in this thread: http://www.elvastowe..._50#entry245138 post #54

Couple of other threads that should be read to help you understand the advantages and how to set it up. Fundamentally it is a stand-alone install of OR. Well, that's the extent of my knowledge. Still learning about it.

http://www.elvastowe...4-gb-of-memory/
http://www.elvastowe...106#entry235106

For much more just search for "monogame"

[edit] I just found the thread with good instructions on how to run the ReShade exe and the basic setup ( I had to update to the new ReShade version and had forgotten ) posts #9 and 10

http://www.elvastowe...__1#entry233845

#9 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

View PostCrisGer, on 03 February 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

wow wonderful thanks

uh what is Monogame ORTS? is that like a stand alone single route install?

no clue

thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yep - just like Gerry said - hopefully in our near future...

Games/Sims are usually built on existing Game Engines - so each developer doesn't have to truly start from scratch... With ORTS - since it's free and has no income - we're limited to free game engines... We started with Microsoft's XNA which we had to load and install directly from MS... I'm pretty sure XNA has been abandoned by MS and now we're moving to Monogame which we've been testing here for a couple years - with great success... Carlo has been the primary driving force behind this effort - that I've seen... The two biggest advantages from my perspective - is better performance/FPS and compatibility with ReShade (better visuals)... In addition - Monogame is now part of the download - so there is no separate game engine to install - it's all in the single file linked above...

Regards,
Scott

#10 User is offline   Woodfyr 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:26 PM

Scott,

It Works ! Thank You :sign_thanks: loaded into the latest OR monogame. Very impressive. Even got your SCOshade installed and running.
a test run on the Conn River looks great. Now, if I can get TSRE to cooperate, I'll attempt to do a bit of your ROW and "shoreline" texturing.
Big learning curve in TSRE

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users