• You cannot reply to this topic

Official TSRE support forum! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:28 AM

New official TSRE support forum: http://www.onrails.eu

Because the quality of my TSRE support is considered (by some users) too low quality for ET forum standards and lead to disappointing events for me and many OR users, I had to find a solution. So I made my own TSRE forum.
I think that it is also better solution for the TSRE users, because there are separate forums for help, ideas, news and discussion.
So, it will be easier to find desired information.
And even if someone will make a topic or post in a wrong category, I can easily move it to a better place. Instead of just being angry about the mess, like here.

At the moment, this forum is empty, but you can test if it works good for you.
First post of each user must be approved by a moderator.
When it's well tested, it will be the only forum for TSRE support.
You can still use this forum for TSRE discussion if you want, but don't expect my answer. I'll answer here only if I'm 101% sure that it meets ET forum quality standards.
Announcements will be posted also here and on trainsim.com forum.
I'm going to use this forum only for Open Rails development discussion and other related topics except TSRE support.

My forum is running on my own dedicated server, so don't worry about limits etc. I have 2tb of disk space and 16gb of ram there.
But I use this server also for other purposes, so in case of abuse I'll just shut down this forum.

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:59 AM

Thanks Goku, I've just registered in your forum.

#3 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:24 AM

Hi Goku ! I'll be over to visit too . Hobo

#4 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:32 AM

Hi Goku,

I still don't understand what happened here in my absence and I don't really need to know - it's a bit disappointing that we now have to go to yet another place to really chat with you about TSRE since it is so closely tied with ORTS - I for one greatly appreciate all your efforts on TSRE - it's an absolute fantastic tool that I'm sure you've invested hundreds of hours of your own free time in support of our community... I truly hope you continue to support it because it's the only real tool we have (I could NEVER go back to MS Route Editor) - so I will dutifully check in there - thanks for all you do... Best of luck with the new forum...

Regards,
Soott

#5 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

View PostGoku, on 16 January 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

I think that it is also better solution for the TSRE users, because there are separate forums for help, ideas, news and discussion.
So, it will be easier to find desired information.
And even if someone will make a topic or post in a wrong category, I can easily move it to a better place. Instead of just being angry about the mess, like here.

Just for the record you never asked for any changes to the forum structure here, which are trivial to do, nor did you ever complain things were a mess. You always had the ability to voice any concern about either and never did.

At any rate, good luck to you and your new forum. I think you'll find it that as it increases in membership it will suck up a more time than you present expect.

#6 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 16 January 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

Just for the record you never asked for any changes to the forum structure here, which are trivial to do, nor did you ever complain things were a mess. You always had the ability to voice any concern about either and never did.

At any rate, good luck to you and your new forum. I think you'll find it that as it increases in membership it will suck up a more time than you presently expect.

#7 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

I complained every time when someone posted help posts and wrong info in my TSRE development progress topic. I told that they make unacceptable mess for me.
After that, you made a separate forum where users could post questions about TSRE in new, separate topics but some of them ignored this and continued to use my own topic.
After my next complains, you just told me that I have to live with it. (So, I thought that the users have to live with me too, and you have no more objections to my behavior).
After next occurrences of users intruding my topic, you just banned me without warning or explanation.

At any rate, good luck to you and your new forum. I think you'll find it that as it increases in membership it will suck up a more time than you presently expect.

I won't risk losing access to participating in OR development, but I don't want to resign from providing support for TSRE users.
So, I think that separate forums for both things and keeping TSRE support away from ET is the only solution. Better first try this way rather than just quit OR development.

Thanks for the wishes.

#8 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

View PostGoku, on 16 January 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

I complained every time....

If your complaints were posted in your own forum I would not have seen them. I read your forum as little as possible.

View PostGoku, on 16 January 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Thanks for the wishes.

You are welcome. Take care!

#9 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

Goku,
Good luck with getting users to post on your forum.

Soon after I joined Carlos and Joe on ConBuilder, Mark Nelson at 3dTrains offered ConBuilder a section of his forum for ConBuilder support. Later I moved it to a separate forum for ConBuilder support on a web site that offered free forum software and free disk space. Then when Joe got the ConBuilder.com registration the forum was moved there. We posted the support forum URL on the purchase page, in the install instructions, in the Help pulldown on the menu, and in other places; but still users continued to post problems/questions on forums other than the ConBuilder support forum. First I would answer on their thread and asked that in the future that they post on the support forum. No luck! Later I started copying their post and created a new thread on the ConBuilder forum, answered the question, and then went back to the original forum post and posted that the question had been answered on the ConBuilder support forum.

You might want to try that.

But my experience was that even that did not work as users were still posting here, on Train-Sim and UK Train-Sim.

So my point is don't stop visiting here and at other ORTS forums.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users