• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiplayer Issues Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

I don't know if it's my network setup, or if it's just the two computers I'm working with, but I can't get Multiplayer mode going. I can get the server up and running, but the other computer won't join the server. It will start up the game in the right place, but it's not on the server. It simply starts in explore mode. What am I doing wrong?

Do I use the network server address as the server, or the computer's ip address which is hosting? When I do that, it creates the issue I'm talking about. I have yet to get Multiplayer going.

Computer 1 is an old XP computer.
Computer 2 is an i3 Windows 10 computer we bought a week or two ago from Ebay.

I was never able to get Multiplayer to run between my XP box and my Linux box either. Same issue. You could start the server, but the other computer would never join it.

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:59 AM

I know that people were able to start the network server on their own computer, however I never succeeded doing that. I always use Tsimserver http://www.tsimserve...ServerInfo.html as network server.

#3 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Fireman

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:51 AM

Okay, I got Multiplayer to work using that server using the two Windows computers. I'll have to run a test with the Linux computer as well to see if that works, too.

I'd still like to know how to get it to work on a LAN at my house with just the computers I have here.

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Ah, if you mean using two PCs on the home LAN network, that works. I have a note that it worked here using as address 192.168.1.2 (or 1 as last number).

Looking in the web I found this site http://www.whatsmyip.org/more/ which works here. In one of the first lines you'll read something like that:
Internal LAN IP: 192.168.1.4 .(Probably I get a 4 in this moment because there are two mobile phones plus another PC connected).
The address you will get for your server will be the one you have to insert in the clients. Re the port number I don't remember.

#5 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Fireman

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, that's the address I was using. That's the one that wouldn't work. I could launch the server, but the other player could not sign in. Of course, I have only tried it using the server button. I haven't tried to see if both computers hitting the client button would work or not.

Edit: I tried using client instead of server and it didn't work. Back to square one.

Question on the public server. Do you just have the servers showing on that link, or can you use a port of your choosing within a range?

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

Re LAN network: I'm not sure I understood your words, but you must set one computer as server and the other as client of course.
Re public server: you can use only the ports shown in that link, and also check that they haven't changed before picking one.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users