• You cannot reply to this topic

Delete Tiles ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:07 AM

Hi Folks,

Does TSRE have the ability to easily delete tiles and everything on them ? Say I want to carve a chunk of a route out of a much larger route - no interactives - can I simply select tiles and hit a delete key or something similar ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

#2 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:52 AM

View Postscottb613, on 10 January 2019 - 05:07 AM, said:

Hi Folks,

Does TSRE have the ability to easily delete tiles and everything on them ? Say I want to carve a chunk of a route out of a much larger route - no interactives - can I simply select tiles and hit a delete key or something similar ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

No idea how its done in TSRE, but I still use RGE & Route Riter for mass deletions like those

#3 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:57 AM

View Postjoe_star, on 12 January 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

No idea how its done in TSRE, but I still use RGE & Route Riter for mass deletions like those

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the response - so if I delete the tile in RGE - what happens to everything on that tile - it's gone too ? Probably yes - because everything is on the world tile and RGE is deleting that ? What happens to the track - it's in the track database - right ?

Regards,
Scott

#4 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:05 AM

You would want to delete the track, roads, and interactives beforehand. Once you delete the tile, you can then go and find that tile's .w file to get rid of all objects

#5 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

View Postebnertra000, on 14 January 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

You would want to delete the track, roads, and interactives beforehand. Once you delete the tile, you can then go and find that tile's .w file to get rid of all objects

Hi...

Thanks for taking the time and the information - the route in question rivals the PRR Eastern in size and scope - manually performing this work on thousands of tiles isn't going to work for me... I guess my only hope would bring me back to my original request for automation on this task...

Regards,
Scott

#6 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:46 AM

View Postscottb613, on 14 January 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

Hi...

Thanks for taking the time and the information - the route in question rivals the PRR Eastern in size and scope - manually performing this work on thousands of tiles isn't going to work for me... I guess my only hope would bring me back to my original request for automation on this task...

Regards,
Scott

This may be a little late but:-

0. BACKUP YOUR ROUTE!

1. Break all track and road connections into the tiles which are going to be deleted (in TSRE or MSTS RE), ensure no track or road extends from a tile to be kept into any tile to be deleted.

2. Delete all paths / services / traffic / activities that may use track in areas to be deleted. This helps TSUtil not explode if its a large route.

3. Remove all the tiles you don't need in RGE. Remember to save your quad tree afterwards.

4. Fire up Route Riter/TSUtil & run CLRDB & replace all the files regenerated into your original folder.

This should now truncate your route to what tiles were left undeleted. All TDB references, world files and terrain will be removed with the CLRDB operation. I've used this method to even "cut" up routes and rejoin them as compressed versions

#7 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:54 AM

Joe,
Thanks for the great information. I'm rapidly approaching the point-in-time where I will have to eliminate 'extra' tiles that I created for the original route. It should be pretty straightforward since there are no track, road, paths, activities or even world files because they are vacant with only basic terrtex.

#8 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:56 AM

Hi Joe,

Thanks as well - much appreciated - I'll give this a try !
:sign_thanks:

Regards,
Scott

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users