Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:22 AM

Please attach the logfile.

#22 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:23 AM

Hi Folks,

One more bit of info on ReShade - since for me - Monogame ORTS and ReShade go hand in hand... It took me forever to figure out that in the ReShade config tool - all the settings are adjustable via "click and mouse drag"... It makes it so easy to try new settings - moving the sliders to their extent to see the full effect of what the setting does... It took me painful months to figure this out - drudgingly typing various numbers into the respective settings - to see what new results I could come up with...

Regards,
Scott

#23 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:24 AM

How much are frame rates affected by ReShade?

#24 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

Hi Carlo,

Honestly - I don't even notice it and my PC isn't the latest and greatest... I'm running a 2700K Sandy at 4.7Ghz - 16GB Ram - and - a GTX970 - - - the high CPU clock makes a big difference... I have Vsync on and a buttery smooth 60FPS - microstutter free at 2560x1440 screen resolution... I did see a substantial boost in performance when I moved from XNA to Monogame even when adding ReShade into the mix...

Regards,
Scott

#25 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:29 PM

This begs the question. How do you activate ReShade? I have the MG version running, but I would like to see what ReShade is all about.

#26 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

Hi...

ReShade is a post processing shader package used in a myriad of games/sims and has been around for years... I believe that means it does its work after the game/sim renders the image...

It’s as simple as downloading and installing the package - then creating your own preset or using someone else’s... Probably easier starting with someone else’s and going from there...

It’s available here: https://reshade.me/

During install - I believe you choose the middle option when asked about the render packages...

Regards,
Scott

#27 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

Hi Folks,

This is how you mod or create your own preset - for the more advanced user...

Modding the ReShade settings is super simple - once you figure out the all the various shader settings are mouse "click and drag" - I spent like a month painfully typing numbers before I realized this... By default [Shift][F2] opens the config tool - uncheck "Performance Mode" then look at the massive lists of shaders - each one has a simple "on/off" radio box to the left - with the associated setting listed below it... I just go down the list clicking the radio buttons on and off to see what they do and if it's something that might help to get the look I'm trying to achieve... If it is - I start playing with the sliders for the desired effect... All the changes are real time so you can see the results immediately... Check the "Performance Mode" again when done... That's it... My profile only uses four shaders out of the 50 or more included... I just installed the newest version of ReShade and the interface is a bit difference than the older version I ran - I like it better...

As for the shaders - less is more - it's real easy to go overboard - try to be subtle - just my two cents...

Regards,
Scott

#28 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif Scott for adding the tutorial here, people should really look into ReShade and how to make the presets, customizing the look to their personal preferences.

#29 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:44 AM

Hi Gerry,

Happy to help - yep - complete game changer in my humble opinion...

Regards,
Scott

#30 User is offline   ErickC 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

One question - is the MG version ever going to allow us to have screenshots go to the clipboard? I realize OR saves screen caps, but it saves them in PNG format, which is... frankly useless. You can only send a PNG over something like Facebook about half the time (the other half it'll just show a blank image), and the file sizes are excessive for most forums. So any time I want to do something with a shot, I have to open the shot, save it as a JPEG, and then delete the (now unnecessary) PNG original. With standard OR, I can cut out the middle man and paste the shot into my image editor and save as a JPEG without all the busywork.

• 200 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users