Elvas Tower: Trainspotter camera located at station platforms and level crossings - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trainspotter camera located at station platforms and level crossings Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

A new trainspotter camera is being developed, which is recalled by Shift-4 and which locates itself at man's eye height on station platforms and in front of level crossings, if there are any where the attached train runs by. If there aren't station platforms or level crossings nearby., the camera behaves like the standard trainspotter camera.
Usual also at activity start when train starts at platform: by Shift-4 you're immediately at the side of your train waiting to start.
This camera is already present in the OR 1.3.1Xmas MG release.
Source development patch:

Trello box: https://trello.com/c...nspotter-camera .
Blueprint: https://blueprints.l...nspotter-camera .

12/1/2019: patch file deleted because new release available

#2 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 06 January 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

This camera is already present in the OR 1.3.1Xmas MG release.

Carlo,

I have used this feature in OR MG. I have found that on some routes, notably where the crossing is located near a curve, but not always, there is a camera placement jitter bug. Sorry no joke intended here. Basically the camera shifts to some side of the crossing, but then jumps back and forth numerous times as the front of the consist progresses towards the crossing. At some point, within a certain range, the jitter back and forth stops and settles down. All this happens so fast that I cannot tell where the camera is jumping back and forth to, but it "strobes" in a very distracting if not annoying fashion. My best guess is that the camera is trying to "decide" what side of the track it wants to be, instead of committing to one location and sticking with it.

I hope this explains the bug.

Molte gracie,
Steve

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

Steve,
thank you for the input. I just tried to reproduce it on a route that has a level crossing on a U curve of the train, but everything regular. I will study the code to see what could be the cause of this.

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

An updated patch is available, which correctly manages also trains running backwards in manual and explorer mode, and which requires less CPU effort.
Attached File  LevelCrossingPlatformCamera_8_fastplatforms.zip (5.26K)
Number of downloads: 472
The patched version is running in today's OR NewYear MG version.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users