Elvas Tower: Cab control graphic size adjustments to main cab image - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cab control graphic size adjustments to main cab image Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

I have a cab view image that has 16x10 ratio (1440 x 900 ). I have taken one of the dials from this image to be used as cab control without any scaling.

Trying to resize this control exactly to the main image dial is tedious and time consuming. Is there an easier method?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

View PostCoolhand101, on 31 December 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

I have a cab view image that has 16x10 ratio (1440 x 900 ). I have taken one of the dials from this image to be used as cab control without any scaling.

Trying to resize this control exactly to the main image dial is tedious and time consuming. Is there an easier method?

Thanks

This is how I do these kind of things (in Photoshop).

I open the image where the dial is, and cut out the dial. I then open the image of the cab that I want to use it with. I paste the dial there, set its opacity to 50 - 60%. It is then easy to resize it using the resizing control. The job can be done in under 30 seconds.

#3 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:10 AM

View PostBorislav, on 08 February 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

This is how I do these kind of things (in Photoshop).

I open the image where the dial is, and cut out the dial. I then open the image of the cab that I want to use it with. I paste the dial there, set its opacity to 50 - 60%. It is then easy to resize it using the resizing control. The job can be done in under 30 seconds.

What I mean is resizing the dial image in OR. The dial image is taken directly from the actual cab image. However in OR, the dial is scaled much bigger. The resizing in the CVF is tedious because I need it to match the main image dial 100%.

You may wonder why go down this approach. The dial is a slow speed speedometer with readings from 0 to 3 MPH. When this speedo is not in use, the 1st frame is shown, which has a static dial image with a static speedometer needle.

When the speedo is in use, the 2nd frame is alpha out completely which shows the working speedometer needle with the dial on the main image. Switching between the two shows size mismatches quite a bit. I can get to around 95% but would like it 100%.

There must be a mathematical way to calculate for a 100% match?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users