• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mini Route Blues The Problem with Mini Routes Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:38 AM

View Postshadowmane, on 31 December 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

with a separate folder for each timetable with all of the relevant information within (paths, consists, pools, etc.).

Not a good idea. Consists, pools etc. are not limited to a single timetable. Even trains aren't limited to just one timetable - a train can move from one timetable to another. Or it can detach or attach a portion which continues or starts in another timetable. Separation of information per timetable would lead to a lot of duplication.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#12 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

I just think the Activity and Timetable information need to be in separate folders. Paths and Consists can remain as they always have (or however the new file system is designed). I would settle for just a Timetable folder that MSTS would ignore but OR would use for Timetable mode.

#13 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

It seems to me that more could be done with open rails profiles. For example, suppose profiles could choose to limit rolling stock based on certain criteria - tags, for instance. Or user defined lists. Or choosing several folders to draw from (so you could have multiple trainset folders if you liked). That's why *I* use mini-routes: because the vast amount of routes and rolling stock is overwhelming if all together in one list and I need a way to keep like with like and keep out the unlike. I imagine some of this might be fairly simple.

I agree that all this complexity should not be mandatory for the beginning user.

Christopher

#14 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

I agree that all this complexity should not be mandatory for the beginning user.

Which is why I originally wanted to put it in options in the content tab. But the content manager should do what I'm asking about if it's what I'm thinking it is.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users