Elvas Tower: Timetable Tutorial? - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Timetable Tutorial? A tutorial for the Timetable Editor would be nice. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

It would be nice if one of the knowledgeable folks around here would whip up a tutorial in pdf format for the thick-skulled out here who can't wrap their brain around it. I'm really struggling with it. Of course, it might not help the route I'm using isn't exactly set up right.

I'm using the Washington-Philadelphia 1910 route from that Italian site someone linked here a while back. Whoever it was that put this route together didn't put enough switches in it. For instance, if you set up an express to stop at just a few stops, but it gets behind a train that stops at all stops, you're not going to get very far. There seem to be no passing areas. If you look at Settle and Carlisle, there are switches before and after every station in case you have to pass. Not so on this route. I may have my son go in and add switches, but I don't know how hard that would be. At any rate, I'm struggling to get a timetable set up for it.

It would be nice if all of the paths were held in a folder with the timetable's name so that you can keep up with all of the little files you've created for that particular timetable. It's almost like there should be a separate folder in the route folder called "Timetable" where all of this is contained, instead of using the "Activities" folder. You could have a "Paths" and a "Pools" folder in there as well to cover that data.

And speaking of pools, how in the world do you actually use them? There's no information on them that I've been able to find.

#2 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:47 PM

Yes, indeed it would be very nice. Does the word please help?

#3 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:27 AM

View Postshadowmane, on 26 December 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

And speaking of pools, how in the world do you actually use them? There's no information on them that I've been able to find.

This might help: http://www.elvastowe...post__p__217162

#4 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:36 AM

Okay, I have another question. I know you can define an engine in a pool as a single consist. Can you put a static consist without power in a siding to be picked up with $static in its start line? Would the game allow you to do that, or would you have to have the static consist in a pool as well?

edit: I answered my own question through the search bar.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users