• You cannot reply to this topic

Lost (and found) track Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:46 PM

I had a peculiar event the other day where I found I had done something resulting in a correct .tdb and flawed world file -- IOW a valid path but no track shapes.

The problem looked like this:
Attached File  Lost0.jpg (145.8K)
Number of downloads: 2

Poking around trying to figure out what was going on I stumbled upon this entry in one of the world files:
Attached File  Lost1.jpg (43.46K)
Number of downloads: 2

Taking that info I did a quick check in the tsection file and verified the above entry was present by first locating the tile and then searching for the X value of position. The relevant tsecion data (for a different track than what's shown above) will look like this:
Attached File  lost3.jpg (101.53K)
Number of downloads: 1

Knowing I was now on safe ground the actual fix is simple: Open up the tsection.dat file and locate the section number shown in the world file. The tsection.dat entry looks like this (again, do note this one is not the shape for the above world file entry, it's for another one... I took screenshots well after the fact and didn't pay enough attention to ensure they were for all the same entry):
Attached File  lost4.jpg (36.83K)
Number of downloads: 0

Whatever name is found get pasted into the world file (replacing the two quote marks).

Replace all as needed, save, check the tile in TSRE. All looked correct.

I don't know how I got into this pickle but fortunately the fix was easy enough thanks to the residue entries in the world file. Had they not been present I believe they could have been recreated from data in the tsection file... a much more difficult a task.

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

There's a fix for this if no interactives are on this **vector:
1. Remove yellow database lines from the track on either side of ihe 'invisible' track.2. Save3. Snap any track section to one end of the 'missing' track.4. Press Z to add just snapped track to the database. (yellow line connected to 'invisible' track)5. Select the new track section.6. On the properties panel press the [HACKS] button.7. On the dialog you can remove a single vector or any number of vectors. Since you are dealing with one vector here, the new and the 'invisible' track are one vector with two end points.8. When you remove one vector the yellow lines over the new and the invisible track sectiongo off.9. Select the new track section you placed in Step 3 and delete it.10. SAVE

You can now replace the missing track section.

Side note: As a safety measure I always turn off the Automatic Data Base Add that is toggled by Ctrl + Q.Adding and deleting track can get messy if auto-add is on as some have experienced.

Regards,
vince

**VECTOR. That track between two EndNodes, an EndNode & JunctionNode or two JunctionNodes.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users