• You cannot reply to this topic

Two not one Wagons Uncoupled Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

dforrest, on 17 December 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

I have tried the suggestions in the above two posts and the problem only happens at a particular point in the two activities. It only happens in OR, not in MSTS. They are long activities and the tests I have done make me confident that the problem is the way I have used reverse points in the activities in Open Rails. The same consists have no problems when not used in the activities. The activities I have written work perfectly in MSTS and I am convinced that there is a difference in how the two sims interpret them which I do not yet understand. I have noted earlier that there is no summary in the OR manual of the use of reverse points in OR. Can this be added?

The author of the route, and myself, his assistant, expect that the new version of the route will be ready for release by January. The activities and stock will be in the download so anyone interested can try them then.

The route including the two activities has been released on UKTS and is available for download. I can give full details if anyone is interested in downloading it. It is large as it includes a full set of stock for the route for both LMS and BR periods.

#12 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

Got the route and stock installed now, so which are the two problem activities?.

#13 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

First of all, there is an error in the download. You need to download and install a corrected file "Potteries_Loop_V2_File_11_of_11.zip" which is now awaiting approval at UKTS (you will probably be able to correct it yourself as you will see that I have transposed "TRAINS" and "TRAINSET" in the folder names).

The activities with the problem in or are "NSP Chemicals Delivery" and "NSP Ballast Train - Part 2". The problem with "NSP Chemicals Delivery" is when reversing before entering the Aluminium Works siding about half-way through the activity. The problem with "NSP Ballast Train - Part 2" is near the end when dropping off the brakevan.

#14 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

I have tried the NSP Chemicals Delivery twice so far, and it seems to have a problem with the pickups. I can collect both loose consists from either side of the line following the reverse points. I then back up to drop the collected consists and then run round and recouple. The problem occurs when I pull forward again with the next reverse point being after the end of track warrant and so I then have no path, and am unable to return to the path after collecting the brakevan using manual mode.

I am using OR, and have a save point after coupling to the second loose consist, so will have another shot at it tomorrow.

#15 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

copperpen, on 12 January 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

I have tried the NSP Chemicals Delivery twice so far, and it seems to have a problem with the pickups. I can collect both loose consists from either side of the line following the reverse points. I then back up to drop the collected consists and then run round and recouple. The problem occurs when I pull forward again with the next reverse point being after the end of track warrant and so I then have no path, and am unable to return to the path after collecting the brakevan using manual mode.

I am using OR, and have a save point after coupling to the second loose consist, so will have another shot at it tomorrow.

Yes, I have had that problem there but have found that id I reverse VERY soon after the reverse point I can keep the path. I have not needed to use manual mode.

#16 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:41 AM

OK. Changed the engine brake system to one with a faster response plus hand and engine brakes which got me through that reverse point problem. On arrival at Milford I tested the uncoupling of the brakevan and that was the only item that uncoupled. The rest of the consist remained attached to the locomotive. Still got the rest of the activity to complete.

#17 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:50 AM

copperpen, on 13 January 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

OK. Changed the engine brake system to one with a faster response plus hand and engine brakes which got me through that reverse point problem. On arrival at Milford I tested the uncoupling of the brakevan and that was the only item that uncoupled. The rest of the consist remained attached to the locomotive. Still got the rest of the activity to complete.

You sound to be getting on well. Do you believe that changing the brakes revolved the uncoupling issue I reported? The remainder of the activity should be plain sailing.

#18 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

I do not think that altering the engine brakes had anything to do with the uncoupling issue. The reverse point where the brakevan is dropped is all the way back close to the signal box, and very close to the crossover. After I did the drop at the Aluminium works I went looking for the vans to take back, but they are not present. Nothing noted as missing in the log either.

#19 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

copperpen, on 13 January 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

I do not think that altering the engine brakes had anything to do with the uncoupling issue. The reverse point where the brakevan is dropped is all the way back close to the signal box, and very close to the crossover. After I did the drop at the Aluminium works I went looking for the vans to take back, but they are not present. Nothing noted as missing in the log either.

The vans to collect are at "Milton Junction Siding" at the beginning of the other branch from the junction. The reverse points should take you there (they do in MSTS). You then collect your brakevan and return to Stoke.

#20 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

Milton Junction Siding is empty, no vans. The siding is seen as you turn to right to drop the chemical consist, it ends just before the left hand tracks go under the bridge.

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users