Elvas Tower: Signal script interpretation extremely different in MSTS vs OR - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signal script interpretation extremely different in MSTS vs OR Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   WCAM-1 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:45 AM

I have suddenly started getting errors related to the sigscr file on a particular route. This happens only at a particular spot in the route and is happening both in the stable and MG version of Openrails. I am attaching an image of the error I'm getting as well as the Log file. Can somebody help me out? Is this error related to OR or the route itself?

Thank you!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Error1.jpg

Attached File(s)

#22 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:38 AM

To answer your question it is the route. A horrible mess of database and signal errors plus many many rolling stock errors, sound and engine/wag file problems.
Regarding the eng/wag files: These are easy to fix as the files are listed and the fix for these is well understood and have been discussed many times in the forums here and at Trainsim.com.
The database errors are serious and not so easy to fix.
You need TSRE in combination with Open Rails logs to do the job.
One thing jumped out right away is the distant mountains setting . . .here

DistantMountainsViewingDistance = (user set) 250000
http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jawdrop2.gifThis figure is in meters. . . . but... Distant mountains view distance 155.34 miles!! ?? That seems just a bit excessive.

The many database errors, engine/wag errors and signal errors makes it astonishing to me that the route runs at all.

I had a very bad error log very similar to yours and I had to go through it line by line to get the PRR-East v2 to run. It took me two years!

It looks like you have a huge task ahead of you.
Try to fix the basic stuff first, fixing the sound and eng/wag file errors listed as they are the easy ones.
Print out the error log so you'll have something to mark up as you fix the errors.

One other thing: Your install location: I have a question; Is your D drive the main system drive where the OS resides?
If so you have installed into a Windows Security protected folder which is a VERY bad idea.

Good luck.

regards,
vince

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users