• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Loco and Tender Appearing and Disapperaing Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for looking at this Ged. My 34046 is unaltered from the download, except to change the headcode discs. It has worked fine until recently. There are also other tender locos that have the problem, also intermitently. . I will do some experimenting as well. Same problem on the monogame x4222
Here is the log file so you can see the specs.
Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (22.22K)
Number of downloads: 247

#12 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:37 PM

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the log :)
I'll have a full look at it tomorrow and match my system with it. In the meantime, your log shows 3 peculiar warnings for the .eng file, which mine doesn't :

Warning: Expected string block; got empty block in C:\msts\trains\trainset\DR_BR_WC-R_34046\DR_BR_WC-R_34046.eng:line 310

Warning: C:\msts\trains\trainset\DR_BR_WC-R_34046\DR_BR_WC-R_34046.eng references non-existent shape C:\msts\trains\trainset\DR_BR_WC-R_34046\DR_BR_WC_34046.s

Warning: C:\msts\trains\trainset\DR_BR_WC-R_34046\DR_BR_WC-R_34046.eng references non-existent shape C:\msts\trains\trainset\DR_BR_WC-R_34046\DR_BR_WC_34102.s

You said that your 34046 is "as downloaded", so I've no idea what causes these messages!

Cheers,
Ged

#13 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:08 AM

Ged, I`m really sorry, I`ve misled you! I have modified 34046 .eng file to have ORTS features. ( I thought I had only modified 34102) The ORTS file was kindly provided by Darwin Smith because the original MSTS .eng in OR, did not match the proven power output of the real loco.
When I reverted to the "as downloaded" .eng the entire loco is displayed in game, with no shape file warning in the log.
A case of " post in haste, repent at leisure"http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_oops.gif
However sister loco34105 with the same ORTS .eng does display, and 34046 used to be ok too.
I notice Darwin has commented about ORTS vacuum brakes, which were under development when he provided this ORTS .eng. Mabe a clue?
I`m sorry if this is not related to David`s original problem - but maybe vacuum brakes might be a factor as I don`t see our US friends have the problem.
Here is the ORTS .eng (renamed file extension, but should open in wordpad)
thanks for your trouble, rick

Attached File(s)

#14 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:05 AM

My initial problem in this treas appears to have been "sidelined"!

#15 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:06 AM

View Postdforrest, on 11 December 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

My initial problem in this treas appears to have been "sidelined"!

I`m sorry if you feel this David. I joined your thread because i thought we had the same problem, and this may still prove to be so.
I wonder if you could substitute a .eng file from another working tender loco. You would have to rename the file and .s references. That would decide if the fault is in the .eng or.s
I still feel vacuum brakes could be a factor because of recent (very welcome) changes and no reports of air braked tender locos affected.
sorry again, rick

#16 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:01 AM

No need to apologise Rick. Just a reminder that my problem exists and I agree that resolving your issue may help.

#17 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the OR-eng file.

Line 310 has EngineOperatingProcedures ( ) but it appears that Open Rails doesn't like "key words" with no parameters! I don't think this will have caused your problem.

The other two warnings are because you don't seem to have included DR_BR_WC_34046.s or DR_BR_WC_34102.s in the appropriate location. Note that the original main shape file is named DR_BR_WC-R_34046.s

Apologies, but I've not had chance to fully check the optional settings yet!

Cheers,
Ged

#18 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:01 AM

View Postslipperman, on 11 December 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

Hi Rick,
……….

The other two warnings are because you don't seem to have included DR_BR_WC_34046.s or DR_BR_WC_34102.s in the appropriate location. Note that the original main shape file is named DR_BR_WC-R_34046.s

…….

Cheers,
Ged

Normal convention is to name the Shape file to match the Wagon line (Filename) from the ENG file. Could the problem be a typo on the WagonShape line leaving out the "-R" in DR_BR_WC_34046.s

#19 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hi,
@Charles : Thanks :)

@Rick : Installing your Open Rails .eng file resulted in the disappearance of the loco (as expected!). Amending the main shape entry in that file to DR_BR_WC-R_34046.s showed the loco correctly. The other shape file is the PassengerCabinFile parameter; why is it DR_BR_WC_34102.s?

From the above results, I think we've found the reason for your missing loco so I won't be testing all your optional settings, unless you wish otherwise.

Cheers,
Ged

#20 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:35 AM

View Postrickloader, on 11 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

I`m sorry if you feel this David. I joined your thread because i thought we had the same problem, and this may still prove to be so.
I wonder if you could substitute a .eng file from another working tender loco. You would have to rename the file and .s references. That would decide if the fault is in the .eng or.s
I still feel vacuum brakes could be a factor because of recent (very welcome) changes and no reports of air braked tender locos affected.
sorry again, rick

The problems does not appear to be there with a different loco and tender used.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users