• You cannot reply to this topic

Loss of Texture Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   asteph627 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a unique problem I can't solve any hope someone can help me with. When running my activity "A Bad Day for Trains Part 1" on BNSF Seligman 2.0, I noticed that the water texture for my rivers are showing up light grey or white instead of the water texture. I checked and found it is the same for all activities. I created a second MSTS folder with the 6 default routes and the Seligman Route and the water texture in no longer white but is correct color. I copied the Texture File from my Second MSTS Folder to my original MSTS folder for the Seligman Route. I went into original MSTS Seligman folder and found the water texture is still showing white. Any suggestions and thanks in advance for any helpAttached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (13.57K)
Number of downloads: 336

#2 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Not to dredge up an older post, but I just encountered this problem with BNSF Seligman (OpenRails). It appears that water textures and some road textures are missing at night (I haven't checked day yet). I tried to run RouteRiter to check the route for missing files, but it crashed at the first world tile. So, I'm kind of lost. Has anyone else run into this problem recently?

Thanks.

#3 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:21 PM

The Open Rails log will show you what if any textures are missing along with any other issues with the route.
Open Rails puts it on your desktop.
Make sure logging is enabled on the Open Rails start page.

Randy

#4 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:02 PM

I already looked at the log. It shows no missing textures . . . There are both water and road textures not showing up. I'm using the latest Monogame version of OpenRails.

#5 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

My problem is half-solved. I discovered that Seligman 2 and Seligman ORTS use snow water and road textures that are near grey at night--they look like missing textures, but are not. I finally narrowed that down by replacing a couple with regular "summer" textures and that took the water back to blue.

The part that I'm still mystified about is why RouteRiter crashes as soon as it loads a couple of world files on BNSF Seligman OpenRails when running Check Route. That one I don't have a clue where to look.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users