Elvas Tower: Another Plea for 3d Cab Help - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another Plea for 3d Cab Help Difficulty with Speedlim_display in 3d cab Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   elkwharton 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

Hi everyone,

Once again I'm stumped. First of all everyone can ignore my post on 3d cab positioning. I don't know what I had done wrong but started over from scratch and it is working properly. My problem today is with the SPEEDLIM_DISPLAY digital control. I am trying to implement one in the cab I am working on and nothing I have tried seems to make it work. My digital speedometer works fine and all my other controls are working fine. I created a one face part the same as I did for the speedometer and named it SPEEDLIM_DISPLAY:0:0 . I am using tsm so that naming works properly in the s file. I do have an entry in my cvf file for the digital speed limit display. Acutally I copied the entry from the acela file as I tested that engine and knew the cvf entry works. I have placed the SPEEDLIM_DISPLAY PART INTO MY CAB MAKING SURE THAT THE FACE WAS EXPOSDED AND NOT BURIED BEHIND ANOTHER PART. I copied the speedlim.ace file from that Df11G3DCab demo file and put it in my Cabview3d folder in the train folder. When I run the train in Open Rails the face that I created shows but no speed limit info on it. If I change to the 2d cab the speed limit works fine. I also ran the above named demo file and if the entry that I think was the speed limt was actually it. It had the wrong reading and never changed with different signals. Is there a problem with the speedlim_display command in 3d cabs or am I really being stupid and missing somethin obvious that I should have seen. Please let me know.

Thanks
Elk Wharton

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:34 AM

I've made a short test activity using the DF11 demo trainset. I put a static consist after some signals and then started the activity. I see the same numbers shown in the 2D and the 3D cab for the SPEEDLIM_DISPLAY DIGITAL control, that is the value of the speed limit of next signal, except in case where next signal aspect is STOP, in which case I see a wrong speed limit in both 2D and 3D cabs, while MSTS correctly shows speed 0. I think this is a bug. Attached you find a replacement Orts.Simulation.dll and Orts.Simulation.pdb. You can replace the ones you have in OR release x.4304 and see if they solve your problem.
Attached File  Orts.Simulation.zip (1.25MB)
Number of downloads: 670

#3 User is offline   elkwharton 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 16 November 2018 - 02:34 AM, said:

I've made a short test activity using the DF11 demo trainset. I put a static consist after some signals and then started the activity. I see the same numbers shown in the 2D and the 3D cab for the SPEEDLIM_DISPLAY DIGITAL control, that is the value of the speed limit of next signal, except in case where next signal aspect is STOP, in which case I see a wrong speed limit in both 2D and 3D cabs, while MSTS correctly shows speed 0. I think this is a bug. Attached you find a replacement Orts.Simulation.dll and Orts.Simulation.pdb. You can replace the ones you have in OR release x.4304 and see if they solve your problem.
Attachment Orts.Simulation.zip

Hi,

Thanks for your help. It didn't help with the Speedlim_Display control not working at all however once I got it working I am now getting correct readings. As for what my problem was I am not sure. I finally got to thinking about it, and changed my working digital speedometer to the name SpeedLim_Display after deleting my origional speedLim_display control. The changed speedometer showed the speedlimit fine so I moved that pivot to my speed limit display area and it still worked. I then copied the control and renamed the copy back to speedometer and moved the pivot back where it belonged. Now both work. As I said before Thanks for the reply and checking it out for me. I really appreciate it.

Elk Wharton

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users