• You cannot reply to this topic

One question (10/30/18) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   andoodle 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails, TSClassic

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:56 PM

Pardon me, everyone.

I am sorry to bother all of you, but I have one question. Is there a chance that I can add the operational turntable capability to certain freeware routes for Microsoft Train Simulator (that is, the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad and the Durango and Silverton Railroad)? The reason I asked is because I am afraid that the existing turntables in those routes are not operational in accordance with the latest Open Rails version. I am sorry for asking such a lousy question and explaining the reason, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. Thank you for your time. Carry on.

#2 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

View Postandoodle, on 30 October 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Pardon me, everyone.

I am sorry to bother all of you, but I have one question. Is there a chance that I can add the operational turntable capability to certain freeware routes for Microsoft Train Simulator (that is, the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad and the Durango and Silverton Railroad)? The reason I asked is because I am afraid that the existing turntables in those routes are not operational in accordance with the latest Open Rails version. I am sorry for asking such a lousy question and explaining the reason, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. Thank you for your time. Carry on.

Please read the Chapter 15.2 Operating Turntables in the Manual, here is described how to modify the route for operational Turntables. In the Chapter 7.7 Engaging a turntable are described the operations of the Turntable.

#3 User is offline   andoodle 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails, TSClassic

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:33 PM

Sorry I mentioned it. :(

#4 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

View Postandoodle, on 01 November 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Sorry I mentioned it. :(

Hi,Making turntables in routes running under Open Rails is quite easy. Why are you sorry for mentioning as it's a perfectly valid question and and answer was provided located in the fine, indexed Open Rails Manual
Making a TT operational will NOT operate in MSTS.

regards,
vince

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users