New Pre-Release version of TSRE5 (TSRE5_v0.6963.exe) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:29 PM

Here is experimental version with OSM support:
http://koniec.org/TSRE5_v0.6963.exe
Only 64 bit at the moment. 32 bit later.
This version is based on a new QT build and requires some tests.

How to install? Paste this exe in existing TSRE installation and rename "695" directory to "696".
Automatic data download doesn't work in this experimental release.

New experimental and not tested features:
- elevation info for dynamic tracks and rulers
- set position Y value for group of objects
- edit position of signal shape in properties window
- more actions available from the context menu
- pick elevation for placement -> easy placement of elevated track using short segments
- new option "useTdbEmptyItems = false" may help editing broken routes?

And much more.

Now you can test this version and I'm going to one week long vacation.

Goku.

SP 0-6-0
Robert

#2 User is offline   LeoGarcia 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:56 AM

Hi!

OSM is "OpenStreetMap"?

I did tried to use this editor (in a little older version), but I'd can't to align the new track piece to the previous and highlight in red with the mouse, as old MSTS RE. I would like this editor if I was able to work with more than 1500 objects per tile.

Greeters.

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostLeoGarcia, on 25 October 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Hi! OSM is "OpenStreetMap"?
I did tried to use this editor (in a little older version), but I'd can't to align the new track piece to the previous and highlight in red with the mouse, as old MSTS RE. I would like this editor if I was able to work with more than 1500 objects per tile. Greeters.

Align track to previous piece and outline in red. Yes, that's the old MSTS. This new editor does NOT outline anything in red my friend . . .it;s blue now.Perhaps looking through a few of the latest manuals would be of help to you.
TSRE Tips : ===> https://www.trainsim...166#post1941166
User Guide: ===> http://koniec.org/tsre5/

Activity editor ===> https://docs.google....tZkmc2wNIU/edit
New Manual: ===> https://github.com/p...master/book.pdf
TSRE will do all MSTS editor did and much more.

Some controls are same, some different. For instance to flip a track section in MSTS you pressed the 'T' key . . . In TSRE you press the 'X' key for the same action.
There are more differences. You will have to read manual and experiment with new editor.
I did it that way before there were any manuals so you should have it much easier.

regards,vince

#4 User is offline   Jose Manuel 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MS Train Simulator

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:03 AM

When downloading and testing the new version of TSRE, an unintelligible screen appears. Am I doing something wrong? ... Does anyone have the same problem?

I want to clarify that version v0.6958 is able to open the route in design process perfectly.

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   septf 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OpenRails

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:41 AM

good evening,

read the first post : How to install? Paste this exe in existing TSRE installation and rename "695" directory to "696".

Jean-Marc

#6 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

From the first post in this thread:
"How to install? Paste this exe in existing TSRE installation and rename "695" directory to "696".
Automatic data download doesn't work in this experimental release."

To clarify, here's a step by step of how to install the new experimental TSRE IF you are presently using TSRE v0.695...
1. Make a copy of your existing TSRE folder. ...
2. Open the copied folder and note there is a folder named 'tsre_appdata' ...3. Open the tsre_appdata folder and note there is a folder named 0.695. ...
4. Rename this 0.696 folder to 0.696 <===<<< If you dont do this before running you end up with red screen junk you've posted.
5. Set up your shortcuts to point to the newly downloaded executable, TSRE5_v0.6963.exe
Here's my shortcuts Target line.
Yours may be different: C:\Users\vincent\Desktop\TSRE5_v0.6963\TSRE5_v0.6963.exe
Yes, I've placed (installed) TSRE to a folder on my desktop. because1. It's easy to locate2. It's easy to make changes in the contained settings.txt file. (which I do a lot) and ...3. It's easy to update and not have to drill down and navigate to folders buried somewhere on my system4.
I follow OttO Wipfel's (OttodaD) admonition to follow the K.I.S.S. principle.As an avid follower of this great teaching I've no problem in installing Goku's updates....
best regards,vince cockeram

#7 User is offline   Jose Manuel 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MS Train Simulator

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:44 PM

Many thanks. The name of the folder was the problem. I did not know where he was and I thought he was referring to the installation folder itself. All perfect.

I have observed that some people ask about the amount of objects that TSRE supports per tile. I have placed more than 2800 objects without failure in a single tile ...

In the attached image there are 2226 objects. TSRE5 has never presented problems due to the number of objects that I have placed.

Attached File(s)

#8 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:42 AM

Jose, that is a VERY WELL DONE scene. Most people would not bother with houses on the hillside but placing those makes the whole scene look much more realistic.

The rail net there looks interesting too. What route is this?

#9 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

View PostJose Manuel, on 26 October 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Many thanks. The name of the folder was the problem. I did not know where he was and I thought he was referring to the installation folder itself. All perfect.I have observed that some people ask about the amount of objects that TSRE supports per tile. I have placed more than 2800 objects without failure in a single tile ...In the attached image there are 2226 objects. TSRE5 has never presented problems due to the number of objects that I have placed.
Good morning Jose,Not to worry about number of objects on a tile as I have one tile on the PRR-Eastern Region route that has over 4600 objects.There is a group of prolific Swiss folks have a route under construction with I believe over 11,000 objects on a tile (no problem they say) that they posted several months ago.
TSRE it seems has eliminated that problem completely and I'll second Genma on his comments on the beautiful detailing in your route.
regards
vince

#10 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

View Postvince, on 26 October 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

From the first post in this thread:
"How to install? Paste this exe in existing TSRE installation and rename "695" directory to "696".
Automatic data download doesn't work in this experimental release."

To clarify, here's a step by step of how to install the new experimental TSRE IF you are presently using TSRE v0.695...
1. Make a copy of your existing TSRE folder. ...
2. Open the copied folder and note there is a folder named 'tsre_appdata' ...3. Open the tsre_appdata folder and note there is a folder named 0.695. ...
4. Rename this 0.696 folder to 0.696 <===<<< If you dont do this before running you end up with red screen junk you've posted.
5. Set up your shortcuts to point to the newly downloaded executable, TSRE5_v0.6963.exe
Here's my shortcuts Target line.
Yours may be different: C:\Users\vincent\Desktop\TSRE5_v0.6963\TSRE5_v0.6963.exe
Yes, I've placed (installed) TSRE to a folder on my desktop. because1. It's easy to locate2. It's easy to make changes in the contained settings.txt file. (which I do a lot) and ...3. It's easy to update and not have to drill down and navigate to folders buried somewhere on my system4.
I follow OttO Wipfel's (OttodaD) admonition to follow the K.I.S.S. principle.As an avid follower of this great teaching I've no problem in installing Goku's updates....
best regards,vince cockeram

Still red. What have I misunderstood?
Attached File  Clipboard01.jpg (55.57K)
Number of downloads: 1

FWIW, my usual practice w/ an update is to download only the program, delete the old program and rename the new one by removing the version code. Always has worked in the past but not this time so I reviewed your comments Vince, tried w/ a 0.696 folder, no joy, and then a 0.6963 folder, no joy.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users