• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No auto track sound in 1.2.1.3766? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   33lima 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:02 AM

I recently updated to 1.2.1 and now, I no longer have any of the track auto sounds (curve squeal, switch, and switch+curve) on the routes I had set it up for.

I have just got OR working again having at last replaced my old Vista 64 PC after the mobo died. This involved inter alia transferring the old PC's SATA hard drive with OR and MSTS+routes on it into the new Win 10 PC (where Win 10 quite happily recognised and relabelled it from C: to E:); then since the new PC has a faster (tho smaller) SSD C: drive, I copied across the complete MSTS install and then reinstalled OR onto the SSD as well, after which I did the 1.2 to 1.2.1 OR update.

I'm not totally sure the auto track sounds worked after the above jiggery-pokery but (i) everything is back on the same-lettered drive as it was before (C:) and (ii) looking again at the auto track install instructions in the OR manual, I don't see anything that is drive-specific anyhow, that could have been fouled up during the re-installation.

Some other sims like Trainz 2009, IL-2 '46 DBW, Steel Fury and Steel Armour worked fine from the SATA (now E:) drive after putting it into the new PC; others like my Third Wire sims needed compatibility changes to reflect the fact I was now on Win 10; my Steam titles like Atlantic Fleet, Graviteam Tactics and IIRC TS2019 Steam seemed to sort out when next launched. A few look like needing re-installed, like Iron Front and ARMA Cold War Assault. But OR itself seems to work fine after the procedure described above - it's just the auto track sounds that seem not to have survived. Although the required .sms files and edits all look to be still in place and fine.

Has anyone else lost auto track sounds after going to 1.2.1? Or got any suggestions what I am missing and need to do, to get 'em back? TIA!

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:21 AM

Automatic track sound has been introduced after x.3766. If you desire it, download the latest development or testing version. Of course the requirements described in paragraph 13.3 of the manual must be satisfied.

#3 User is offline   33lima 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 18 October 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Automatic track sound has been introduced after x.3766. If you desire it, download the latest development or testing version. Of course the requirements described in paragraph 13.3 of the manual must be satisfied.

Ah yes of course! I had noticed - but had not realised its significance - that in re-installing OR I had accepted the (default, 'Stable') update setting, which I had at 'Testing' before - so I have now reset that, updated to X4259 and all is well again - many thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users