Elvas Tower: Open Rails 1.2.1 - Elvas Tower

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails 1.2.1

#1 User is offline   James Ross 

  • Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Elite Member
  • Posts: 5,015
  • Joined: 30-June 10
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Simulator:Open Rails
  • Country:

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:30 AM

A minor update, Open Rails 1.2.1, will be released tomorrow to enable upgrading to Open Rails 1.3 (when it is released) without leaving the program.

The following information is also provided on the "Discover" page for Open Rails 1.2.1.

The Open Rails 1.2.1 update changes the updater to ask for permission if the new version's authenticity certificate is not 100% identical to the current version, which will be necessary for the update to 1.3. We normally manage to keep these changes hidden, but time constraints this time around means that you will be shown the change and asked to approve it.

When updating from Open Rails 1.2.1 to 1.3, you will be given details of two certificates. Please check that the details for the "subject of certificate" are as follows and then select "Yes" to recieve the update.

  • Current version's certificate:
    CN=James Galloway Ross
    O=James Galloway Ross
    L=London
    S=Greater London
    C=GB
  • Update version's certificate:
    CN=James Galloway Ross
    O=James Galloway Ross
    L=London
    C=GB

Here is what the message will look like:

https://james-ross.co.uk/temp/Open%20Rails%201.2.1%20updater.png

#2 User is offline   PRR5550 

  • Hostler
  • Group: Active Member
  • Posts: 51
  • Joined: 08-March 18
  • Gender:Male
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator
  • Country:

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 07 October 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

A minor update, Open Rails 1.2.1, will be released tomorrow to enable upgrading to Open Rails 1.3 (when it is released) without leaving the program.

The following information is also provided on the "Discover" page for Open Rails 1.2.1.

The Open Rails 1.2.1 update changes the updater to ask for permission if the new version's authenticity certificate is not 100% identical to the current version, which will be necessary for the update to 1.3. We normally manage to keep these changes hidden, but time constraints this time around means that you will be shown the change and asked to approve it.

When updating from Open Rails 1.2.1 to 1.3, you will be given details of two certificates. Please check that the details for the "subject of certificate" are as follows and then select "Yes" to recieve the update.

  • Current version's certificate:
    CN=James Galloway Ross
    O=James Galloway Ross
    L=London
    S=Greater London
    C=GB
  • Update version's certificate:
    CN=James Galloway Ross
    O=James Galloway Ross
    L=London
    C=GB

Here is what the message will look like:

https://james-ross.co.uk/temp/Open%20Rails%201.2.1%20updater.png

Thank you very much for the update information.

#3 User is offline   slipperman 

  • Conductor
  • Group: Active Member
  • Posts: 386
  • Joined: 09-February 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Nottinghamshire
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS
  • Country:

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:59 PM

Hi James,
I may be looking in the wrong places, but am not able to find v1.2.1!

Cheers,
Ged

#4 User is offline   septf 

  • Apprentice
  • Group: Dispatcher
  • Posts: 32
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Simulator:MSTS OpenRails
  • Country:

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

Hi,
she is on the homepage of the openrails simulator, at the top right. "Update to 1.2.1.3766"

Best regards
Jean-Marc

#5 User is offline   James Ross 

  • Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Elite Member
  • Posts: 5,015
  • Joined: 30-June 10
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Simulator:Open Rails
  • Country:

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:28 PM

View Postslipperman, on 09 October 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

I may be looking in the wrong places, but am not able to find v1.2.1!

I guess I should have said explicitly:

1.2.1 is only available as an in-app update for 1.2, and not as a download from the website. You only need 1.2.1 if you are currently on 1.2 and want to use the in-app updater to get 1.3, and it has no changes except the updater, so there is no point downloading it manually - you can just download 1.3 when that's released (and that certainly will be on the website).

#6 User is offline   slipperman 

  • Conductor
  • Group: Active Member
  • Posts: 386
  • Joined: 09-February 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Nottinghamshire
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS
  • Country:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:45 AM

Hi,
@James : Many thanks for the clarification :)
I'm currently running X4249 and the top right of the first screen shows "Update to 1.2.1.3766". From your explanation, I should NOT click on it!
I also have a separate Stable v1.2 installation - if I want to update this installation to v1.3, should I, first of all, update it to v1.2.1.3766?

@Jean-Marc: Thanks. I have now spotted it!

Cheers,
Ged

#7 User is offline   septf 

  • Apprentice
  • Group: Dispatcher
  • Posts: 32
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Simulator:MSTS OpenRails
  • Country:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:05 AM

View Postslipperman, on 10 October 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

Hi,

I also have a separate Stable v1.2 installation - if I want to update this installation to v1.3, should I, first of all, update it to v1.2.1.3766?

Cheers,
Ged


absolutely

Regards
Jean-Marc

#8 User is offline   James Ross 

  • Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Elite Member
  • Posts: 5,015
  • Joined: 30-June 10
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Simulator:Open Rails
  • Country:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

View Postslipperman, on 10 October 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

I'm currently running X4249 and the top right of the first screen shows "Update to 1.2.1.3766". From your explanation, I should NOT click on it!
I also have a separate Stable v1.2 installation - if I want to update this installation to v1.3, should I, first of all, update it to v1.2.1.3766?

Unfortunately the updater doesn't understand multiple installations, and will offer an update meant for just one installation to all installations.

What you should do is run your 1.2 installation and update that to 1.2.1. Don't apply the 1.2.1 update to the X4249 install. Sorry for the confusion!

#9 User is offline   slipperman 

  • Conductor
  • Group: Active Member
  • Posts: 386
  • Joined: 09-February 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Nottinghamshire
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS
  • Country:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

Many thanks, James and Jean-Marc :)

Cheers,
Ged

#10 User is offline   G-Man 

  • Apprentice
  • Group: Dispatcher
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 11-April 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Simulator:MSTS
  • Country:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:38 PM

Haven't touched OR in a while, always been an MSTS purist. This is gonna be interesting.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users