• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Odd crash at 0648 in activity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

I noticed the game was crashing at 0648 in an activity I created which was somewhat odd as I've played through this activity several times on older versions of OR. I checked in the AE which AI trains started around or at 0648 and found one; it was a passenger service that started at 0648. I changed it's start time to 0602 and 0600. With these times it did not spawn but the game did not crash either. Instead it crashed at 0648 as normal. I removed the offending A train, set my own start time to 0647:45 and waited 15 seconds, and the game crashed at 0648. Here's the crash info from the logfile. I'm not sure what it's telling me so I hope someone here can give me a bit of guidance, thank you kindly.

Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.MSTSWagon.ConfirmSteamLocomotiveTender() in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\MSTSWagon.cs:line 2153
at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.MSTSWagon.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\MSTSWagon.cs:line 1207
at Orts.Simulation.Physics.Train.physicsUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\Physics\Train.cs:line 1718
at Orts.Simulation.Physics.Train.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\Physics\Train.cs:line 1598
at Orts.Simulation.AIs.AITrain.AIUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds, Double clockTime, Boolean preUpdate) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\AIs\AITrain.cs:line 660
at Orts.Simulation.AIs.AI.AIUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds, Boolean preUpdate) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\AIs\AI.cs:line 663
at Orts.Simulation.AIs.AI.ActivityUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\AIs\AI.cs:line 629
at Orts.Simulation.Simulator.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\Simulator.cs:line 746
at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.Update(RenderFrame frame, Single elapsedRealTime) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewer.cs:line 703
at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateViewer3D.Update(RenderFrame frame, Double totalRealSeconds) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\GameStateViewer3D.cs:line 121
at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.Update() in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 129
at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.DoUpdate() in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 108
at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.UpdaterThread() in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 74
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

#2 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:32 PM

It appears that OR is attempting to check whether a tender is attached to a steam locomotive.

Can you also please confirm that the issue is happening in explore mode with the consist in question. Please use the latest base OR version rather then MonoGame.

Can you describe the consist that is being loaded, and provide a copy of the ENG file, and WAG file for the tender?

#3 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:55 AM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 03 October 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

It appears that OR is attempting to check whether a tender is attached to a steam locomotive.

Can you also please confirm that the issue is happening in explore mode with the consist in question. Please use the latest base OR version rather then MonoGame.

Can you describe the consist that is being loaded, and provide a copy of the ENG file, and WAG file for the tender?

Well, that's the crazy thing. This is an all diesel activity. I don't use steam engines.

#4 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:37 AM

So I downloaded the latest OR and tried to fire up the consist and sure enough it failed. The consist in question consists of four units; three BLW E8As and one BLW E8B.

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

I managed to resolve the issue. It was E8A 4014 causing the issue. I removed it from the consist and everything works as it should.

#6 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

Hi Metro4001,
There is an error in the E8A_CR_4014 .eng file :
The 'Inside' parameter (line 77) has no close bracket - add it into line 83.

Cheers,
Ged

#7 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Interesting as this is a diesel, and shouldn't even be tested for a tender.

I am wondering whether the missing bracket is causing some issues.

Are you interested in trying to replace it and see if this solves the problem.

Thanks

#8 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 04 October 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks

Yes, I'll test it with a bracket and see what happens.

And thank you slipperman for pointing out the error.

#9 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:23 AM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 04 October 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks

A few weeks ago I had exactly the same error when trying to run any activity that used a specific UK DMU. The error was not present when using OR version 1.1 but was present from at least version 1.2 onwards. There were no missing brackets in the eng file. Eventually I gave up on it and reinstalled the complete route and stock pack at which point the error was no more. Obviously I had introduced some kind of error when modifying eng files for OR, which I now have to do all over again.

#10 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

I am getting the same error here?

http://www.elvastowe...fliner-problem/

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic