• You cannot reply to this topic

OR Manual: suggestions for additions and corrections Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is online   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

I might as well mention this, it has been puzzling to me. I don't know how the code is handling the torque tab for the ORTSDieselEngine block ( illustrated on page 83, sec 8.2 in manual ) but I believe the example is misleading. Isn't torque inversely proportional to RPM? I calculate the torque for the diesel torque tab ( given the data from the manuals example ) as follows:

Diesel Torque Tab Torque = HP * 5252.11 / RPM 402 Horsepower 5252.11 Constant 510 Idle RPM 4139.9 Torque

1250 Max RPM 1689.1 Torque

Unless the code is handling this in a way I'm not familiar with....which is entirely possible. Anyway, I believe the manual is incorrect regarding the DieselTorqueTab and should be changed.Regards, Gerry
( thanks for all the other corrections, people do rely on the manual for accurate information, so corrections are important. Ever think of having a manual committee to read and correct the manual?)
Sorry about my example, I grabbed it from the diesel engine spreadsheet I use and it got a little garbled posting it in the forum.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users