Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

At last multiplayer save/resume Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

I tried it for much time at the end of last year and got stopped by a problem I wasn't able to solve. After I read again a question whether it was possible to save/resume in multiplayer, I tried again and this time I found the solution, which was a format that Tsimserver wasn't able to recognize.
So now here is the .exe and .dll pack to replace into x.4208 to have the function available:
20/9/2018: attachment deleted because feature committed

I had to partly modify the main menu page of OR to insert the new function. The main menu now looks like this:
Attached Image: NewORMenu.jpg

The procedure to use the function is as follows: the dispatcher may save the multiplayer session when he wants this.
When he wants to resume it, all players must be off the game.
The dispatcher must have in his main menu path and consist as in the saved session. He selects the "Resume MP" button and in the resume window he selects the session he wants and resumes.
When he is again in the game, he will see in the dispatcher window that the other player trains are shown in grey on the route.
Now the other players have 10 minutes to re-enter the game where they were when the game was saved. They too must have in their main menu their original path and the consist they had in the moment the game was saved. They must select Start MP to re-enter the game. They will re-enter the game in the place where they were when the game was saved. If however the consist is different from the original one or if they proceeded less than 1 Km from game start, they will re-enter the game at the beginning of the path.

As there are many possible cases, it may be possible that some of them are not covered.

I'd like to have feedbacks both on the feature and on the modified main menu.
Blueprint here https://blueprints.l...yer-save-resume .

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:41 PM

Trello card for voting the feature https://trello.com/c...yer-save-resume .

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:49 AM

Feature committed in x.4215.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users